cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Legacy email inaccessible

BevTalk62
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 24

Posting on behalf of my dad 82. He cannot access his account or mail (on iPad) as he keeps getting messages saying email/password combinations are not recognised. The email was updated upon advice from TT during a phone chat on Monday. I sat with him and saw email confirmation of the change. The system timed him out as he was on the phone and subsequently he was in effect locked out.
None of the changes were made independently, they were all on verbal advice from TT colleagues on the phone. We asked was it the current email issue of the dashboard, customer service didn’t know. However today we have received advice from a Customer Service Manager that we should add a completely new email and link the old one in My account.  But he couldn’t guarantee it would work!,

I am beginning to suspect that the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing, where Customer Service are concerned.  Would the best course of action be to monitor the email issue and wait a few days? I feel I am being pushed to act, as a complaint is now active due to lack of progress in this matter.

I haven’t added dads detail in my profile info, as I really just want to know whether to simply wait a few more days or if the fix suggested is going to work. Conversation on this forum would suggest that a solution hasn’t yet been found.

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Message 21 of 24

I've been unable to find out when the fix is expected due to the work required. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 22 of 24

Thanks. In short, I think I will just hang on a little longer before trying to tie myself in knots.! Will keep watching the service centre dashboard.

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 23 of 24

Hi BevTalk62, there has been an open incident for an issue with the password reset journey. I'm just waiting to see if it has been resolved yet. If it has another reset should sort the problem.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.