cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

email locked out

Rebeccahardy
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

email locked me out on apple mail app, changed password online but and able to log into webmail but still can’t get in on mail app using new password. even deleted mail account from phone and laptop but won’t let me add with new password 

Rebecca Hardy
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

@Rebeccahardy, your landline number should be detailed if you go to My Connection in Service Dashboard, and in your My Account. 

Useful for future reference. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 2 of 9

Hi Rebeccahardy, I've added your mailbox to the list of those to be restored.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 3 of 9

Hi, I tried to complete my profile but i do not know my talk talk number - do you know where I would find this?

Thanks

And thank you for getting back to me in saying it should be ok again next week - laptop should be updated but will renew to the newest update just to be sure 

thanks

Rebecca Hardy
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 9

@Rebeccahardy, for staff support you must complete your community forum profile details, as I detailed above. 

And as Gondola posted: "But the iPhone will not authenticate the password until TalkTalk Support do restore full access which will be next week."

They need to identify your Talktalk My Account. 

Message 5 of 9

OK, the iPhone 12 mini is capable of secure settings. So that's good.

I'll provide a guide in a follow up post so you can check the settings in due course. But the iPhone will not authenticate the password until TalkTalk Support do restore full access which will be next week. I'll request that you do have full access restored but until then you'll need to use webmail via a mobile or desktop Internet browser.

Now, the MacBook Air. Which Operating system is that running? It must be at least MacOS 10.12 Sierra to be capable of secure settings required by TalkTalk Mail.

And are those the only ways you connect to the mailbox? Other than webmail that is secure by design all connections to view your mail messages must be via secure settings.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi, having checked further back in my emails i have seen that i received emails telling me to update my email settings and that i would be limited to webmail, I must have missed the emails due to the sheer volume of emails i get my apologies! It is an iPhone 12 mini and a MacBook air so yes apple devices, i have now also changed the settings following the instructions but still no access, which i assume as you said is because talk talk need to grant me access. Is this able to be done? as using webmail is very inconvenient for me

sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for getting back to me

Rebecca Hardy
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 9

Good to know that webmail is working.

Did you get a mail message from TalkTalk saying your mailbox will be limited to webmail only because of continued use of insecure settings?

What model phone and operating system and what model laptop and operating system? Are they both Apple devices? Neither will authenticate a connection until TalkTalk restore access. But we need to know that you'll be using secure settings.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

@Rebeccahardy, I've moved your duplicate post out of the way. 

Staff are now away till Monday. They'll need your profile details to be completed to identify your account. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; Personal Information. 

SAVE CHANGES. 

Meanwhile fellow customers and community stars may be able to advise over the weekend. 

0 Likes