cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

email not working

john52
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

I cannot load my business domain name in Windows 11 mail as I cannot remember  my pop3 password I used in Vista when I set it up with talktalk many moons ago.

I try using the new talktalk settings recommended settings with various passwords but no luck.

I did get a message somewhere that said my domain name does not have a talktalk domain.

The Chat Bot is no help what so ever.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

In that case forget what I said about TalkTalk Business. When you said set it up with talktalk I assumed it was a TalkTalk managed domain. The domain name was a private purchase and you've just been using the TalkTalk Mail outgoing SMTP server to send mail using unauthenticated sending via port 25. TalkTalk are now blocking port 25 to put a stop to all unauthenticated mail sending.

Your domain name is hosted by Namesco Limited via their phase8.net DNS Name Servers.

Names.co.uk webmail access is here.  That has a forgotten password link so that's your first route to try to recover access.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

john52
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

I originally bought the domain 'publications2000.co.uk' from Nominet used it via talktalk with Vista for about 23 years with no problems. But since the security was updated. I have had to upgrade from Vista to a Windows 11 pc and cannot now see my email.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

All currently active personal domain names are managed by TalkTalk Business Domains Admin. This Community is for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and TalkTalk Mail users. A personal domain will not be a TalkTalk Mail domain, not hosted on the TalkTalk Mail servers nor can you use a personal domain via the TalkTalk Mail servers.

What is the domain - just the part of the email address after the @ symbol? I'll do a look up to see where that domain is hosted.

For support including a password change, please get in touch with TalkTalk Business Support. You can LiveChat or call on 0800 083 3003 - Mon-Sun 8am-6pm or email customerservices@talktalkbusiness.co.uk. Heads up that you'll probably get rebuffed by the front line customer service so just be nice but firm on being put through to the Domains Admin Team as they are the ones that manage TTB's personal domain hosting.

TTB should have a record of the registered user details for the personal domain address to match to your personal details that you'll need to provide to them when requested. NB not your TalkTalk Consumer Home broadband details as TTB will have no record of that just as Consumer have no record of TTB Personal Domain registration. 

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution