cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

email

jsz1952
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

Hello,

I'm running windows 7 and windows live mail for my messages.  A couple of days ago, when I went into WLM I got an error message and couldn't send or receive messages.  I double checked all the settings (pop3) and everything was fine but still could not gain access.  I went onto my wifes laptop (windows 8.1) and was sucessful in opening WLM.  I compaired the settings on both computers and they were the exact same. Is it windows 7 that's causing the problem?

As anyone experienced the same problem?

Thanks,

John

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi John, Gondola has provided the perfect answer to your question. I've marked this post as the best answer for that reason. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Both Windows 7 and 8.1 are beyond end of life support so receive no security updates from Microsoft. Windows Live Mail (WLM) reached end of life support in 2017 so also has not received security updates for 6 years and is vulnerable to malware. More importantly WLM does not support the required connection security protocol required by TalkTalk Mail.

Check you can sign in to your tiscali mailbox via webmail. Then set up password recovery by Updating your reset details.

Continue to use webmail and cease using WLM.

If you wish to replace WLM then the Microsoft upgrade path is Windows 10 and Windows Mail or Outlook 16 or better up to Outlook 365. Or choose an email client like Thunderbird that is still supported on Windows 7 and 8.1 and importantly does contain its own TLS 1.2 ciphers for connection security. 

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes