cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

emails from talktalk to gmail addresses indicate as sent but don't go

ggggg1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 12

Noticed yesterday that emails sent to gmail addresses from talktalk show up as sent but are not actually sent.  Same problem on talktalk webmail and on Outlook on PC.  Same problem if using talktalk webmail via an iPad.

Previously has been OK, including in January.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

All we can suggest is to contact gmail and ask them to correct this as its their end of the system doing this. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 12

This is still happening today.

Sending from my wife's computer 2021 outlook and mine Moxilla Thunderbird today , everything ended up in the google spam folders of our test Gmail addresses..

So we have to ring friends and tell them to look in their spam folders or simply forget Talktalk/Tiscali identities and go exclusively Gmail.

Seems like Google wants to take over everything!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

TalkTalk have no control over Gmail's new policy that will dump some or all mail into spam if Gmail users mark more than 3 in 1000 emails as spam.

TalkTalk send fully authenticated mail. They've also done what they can to identify and stop spam sending at source. Now if only Gmail would stop spam sending then users that currently report 80% of their spam coming from Gmail addresses would then not be able to say how two-faced Google is.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 4 of 12

I want to be able to send emails to gmail addresses without having to contact them first by another route, asking them to check spam.  Any hope of acheiving this?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Grateful if you'd sign back into Community and let us know whether you have got the Gmail recipients to mark your emails as not spam in which case your new messages should arrive in the Inbox or if they've done this and Gmail are still dumping your mail into the spam folder.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi @ggggg1 

Just to repeat my message of 27 Feb to you "Ask your recipients to check their Spam folder and select the TalkTalk messages and mark as Not spam and they'll then be received in the Inbox as normal."

Are you saying that your recipients have done this and are still receiving your messages in the spam folder? NB if it's your Gmail account then you also need to mark the messages as not spam to tell Gmail how to properly handle the fully authenticated messages from TalkTalk.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Have you contacted gmail about this?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

ggggg1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 12

my tiscali emails are STILL going into spam at gmail address !

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 12

Hi all, the email team have advised that the necessary changes have been made. It may take a while for the server reputation to improve, but it shouldn't be too long. 

Ady

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 12

Hello,

Our team are also currently looking into this at the moment and we're hoping to receive an update soon.

Thanks

Michelle

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 12

Mail messages from TalkTalk Mail showing as sent are sent to Gmail and because Gmail is putting them in the Spam folder then that's where they are delivered. Ask your recipients to check their Spam folder and select the TalkTalk messages and mark as Not spam and they'll then be received in the Inbox as normal.

0 Likes