email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

f2s (freedom to surf)

lemf2s
Popular Poster
Message 26 of 26

This ISP was gobbled up by talktalk a few years ago. Today I'm suddenly getting errors when trying to receive emails and webpages in the f2s domain seem inaccessible. Anyone else having trouble? Is this just a temporary fault?

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Message 1 of 26

Hi lemf2s 

The DNS records have been restored so inbound mail can now find the MX servers hosted by apm-internet.

Webmail access is via https://mail.overssl.net/

Email client access uses the same server host name: mail.overssl.net

Inbound Server: mail.overssl.net
Port: 993 (IMAP) or 995 (POP3)
Select TLS/SSL or SSL/TLS

Outbound Server: mail.overssl.net
Port: 465
Select TLS/SSL or SSL/TLS

Does that get you back in action for both receiving mail to your Inbox and for sending mail?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 26

Indeed! 😁

Message 3 of 26

Thanks for the feedback. Always useful to get more reports to confirm that there's someone looking into the sinkhole!

0 Likes

Message 4 of 26

Just to let you know, I contacted your business department. They are harder to access because they're not used to dealing with non-business users like me. Nevertheless they said this: "We are aware that there is an issue and we are in the investigation stage of the ongoing incident that occurred this morning, we apologise profusely for the inconvenience caused ..." so it sounds like they're on the case.

Message 5 of 26

Hi @lemf2s 

There's no DNS records for any of the TTB legacy domains so f2s nildram and gotadsl are all out of action.  The latest unconfirmed reports from members are that the hosting service apm-internet and TTB are aware of the lack of DNS. The suggestion is that they're on the case and will provide a fix.

But in the meantime all inbound mail will be bounced and as it's not reaching the MX server will not be delivered.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 26

Hi Gondola

I'm glad to say I haven't had any notification of any trouble and everything has been working nicely for the past couple of months.

Then this morning I got a series of error messages from Outlook about my f2s accounts. On checking my web content I found that is also unavailable.

Hopefully this is just another temporary outage but I get nervous now after all the scare stories.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 26

Hi lemf2s, you should be able to get information from the TTB team directly. They have direct access to details of business decisions made in the business side of TalkTalk. I have made them aware of the number of customers asking for help here when they should have been able to get it from TTB support.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 8 of 26

Hi @lemf2s 

The 'impending armageddon' has gone away or perhaps deferred.

I have now received confirmation from TTB requested via our Community Manager. "Nildram.co.uk, f2s.com and gotadsl.co.uk email domains are still active there is no change to this so they are not part of this closure." 'This closure' being the talktalkbusiness domain(s).

Let us know if you do receive a future notification from TTB about your TTB managed legacy email domain. Just so we can keep track for the benefit of our members of what may be proposed for the future of nildram, f2s or gotadsl.

Message 9 of 26

For now at least. 

It's great to have community members like Gondola here to help. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 10 of 26

Hi Ady, yes Gondola has been very helpful and is much appreciated. In the end, the outage was quite short and everything seems fine today so thanks to everyone involved for that. Does that mean all the hints yesterday of impending Armageddon have now gone away?

Message 11 of 26

Hi lemf2s, fortunately Gondola was here to help directly. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 12 of 26

Hi lemf2s 

I agree that apminternet do appear to have restored access to f2s gotadsl and nildram mailboxes via the nildram servers that are hosted by apminternet.

Still awaiting some definite confirmation that the servers aren't going to be switched off on 4th as I believe is planned.

Message 13 of 26

Don't start scaring me again just when everything appears to be fixed!

There really is no alternative when there might be unknown people out there who have these old email addresses or the website addresses. There is no way to inform these people of alternative addresses. I also have countless pictures on f2s that are linked and embedded elsewhere so they just went blank when the domain went down. It would be very bad if they disappeared permanently.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 26

I have just found this link and it looks like we need to find alternatives to F2S fast:

https://www.talktalkbusiness.co.uk/talktalk-business-webmail-discontinuing/

Based on this link I'd say that someone pulled the plug a day early... but don't expect it to be working after tomorrow.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 26

Just sent an email to one of my f2s accounts and that worked too. 😀
Looks like everything's fixed.
Excellent news!
Hope it's working for everyone else now too.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 26

We're back!
Websites are back available and email no longer throwing errors (dunno if it's actually working but not troubling Outlook any more).

0 Likes

Message 17 of 26

Interestingly, I still seem to have FTP access to f2s.com. I can see all the files so everything seems intact. It's just that nobody else can see any of it and email isn't working.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 26

Hi wduncan 

If you've logged the fault with TalkTalk Consumer i.e. the normal home broadband service agents then that's a path to nowhere.  TalkTalk Consumer have no involvement in f2s email or web hosting. So unless the Consumer Division choose to take on f2s they'll not be able to provide any support as that is a TalkTalk Business (TTB) responsibility.  

Feel free to wait it out here and we'll try and advise as soon as decent information comes out of TTB.

Message 19 of 26

Hi lemf2s 

I was alerting a TalkTalk Consumer Staff member here (OCE_Ady) when asking Ady to try and get some advice from his opposite number in TalkTalk Business (TTB).

The f2s domain is an email domain and web hosting provided by and managed by TalkTalk Business.

Appreciate you may not have a Talk Talk Business account but TalkTalk Consumer that provides home broadband does not have any say or management of TalkTalk Business Services that are responsible for f2s.

If TTB say that f2s should be back in action today then I hope that's the case. You need to determine the future for f2s by asking TTB.

In parallel I have already asked the Community Manager and he's on a mission to find out more.

Message 20 of 26

My f2s email account went down at 09:12 today. I have looged this with TT but got nowhere. The TT helpdesk escalated the problem but told me they would take a minimum of 3 days to get back to me....which is ridiculous. I have been looking for other people reporting similar problems but you are the first I have found. Lets hope it is a temporary issue.      

0 Likes