cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

failure to send to gmail

Simplefella007
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

I have 3 accounts, 2 are tiscali.co.uk, 1 is worldonline.co.uk.  They have identical details for sending, authorisation and receiving. Mail I send from the tiscali accounts does not reach gmail; mail from worldonline does.  

(Trust this does not overcomplicate - I also tried to fwd  an incoming mail to tiscali to gmail; same result: it didn't arrive. I then forwarded it to worldonline and then forwarded that to gmail: it didn't arrive either! I then removed the block of details of the original sender and the block with the tiscali details and forwarded again from worldonline and it got through to gmail)

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Our servers are fully compliant you don't need to make any changes. Let me have the email addresses and I'll get the email admins to check it. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

it seems I might need to add a SPF number to my dns.  Could that be right and how do I do that?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Ok so they're being rejected somewhere after our servers. Once they've left our servers there's not much I can do for you. If Gmail are rejecting the mails as spam I'd have thought you'd see a rejection message from them.  Let me see if my colleagues can see anything that might explain it. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

I mean they do not reach Gmail when they are sent from the Tiscali accounts.  When sent from Worldonline they do reach Gmail unless (see my comment in brackets rather than my trying to explain a different way)

Further explanation: When they are sent to gmail my screen says they are being sent and they appear in my sent box - but they do not arrive at the gmail address

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Hi Simplefella007, when you say you can't send do you mean it sends but they receive it in their spam folder not the inbox?

Ady

0 Likes

Simplefella007
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

personal details updated

0 Likes