email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

language changed in mail

nicks3
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

language changed in mail: my mail page on the website has changed to French, as I can't speak french I have no clue how to change it back to English

help anyone!!!!

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi nicks3, have you managed to get your mail back into English language.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi nicks3 

It would appear that the Language setting has been changed.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in (Se connecteur).

• Select the Main Settings menu icon      triple lines, top right header bar
    (Mobile browser? it's the cog icon)
  • Select the Settings menu item (Réglages)
  • Select Basic Settings in the left pane (Réglages de base)
  • Select the Language (Langue) drop down to select your language (English UK)
  • Sign out and sign in again

Now, the question is, did you inadvertently change the setting or has someone you know been signed in?  If not you and not someone using your sign in then you may wish to take the prudent option to change the mailbox password.  If a French language hacker is at work you need to act fast.

The Forgotten password button in the help article Changing your email password will take you to password reset and recovery.  If you have set up password recovery options you can send your alternate email address a link or your mobile a 6-digit code to authorise a password reset.

The help article gives you all the information you need but for additional help, and to let us know how you get on, make a reply here on this thread.  My apologies for several edits of this post to add the relevant translation bits you may need!

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution