cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

lost emails

Secondman
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

I hope someone can help with this, I have an old PC with outlook 2010, which required a reinstall. after establishing contact with the talktalk server, i now only have 30 days of emails, this is the same when viewing emails via webmail. when before there were over 6 months of emails.. i have set the connection to IMAP would it make any difference to set this to POP3? 

I do believe talktalk do not delete emails from the server. so what do i need to do to access my old emails again, or are they lost.  

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

This is what Google brings up for that client Leaving Mail on the Server with Outlook 2010 | Tiger Technologies Support

I'm guessing though that if you didn't know how to set this you probably didn't leave copies of collected mail on the server. We don't keep backups so I'm afraid we won't be able to restore those lost mails. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Secondman
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

I have no idea about this, or how to do it, or how to check if this was done. I assumed that all emails were saved on the server. without the need to do this beforehand. having looked on the internet again for answers in outlook it says in account settings/advanced I can set  to leave a copy of messages on sever, but there is nothing there that allows me to select this, only port server settings. I am running outlook 2010

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi Secondman, had you set your mail client to leave a copy on the server before it was rebuilt?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.