cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

no emails on android or laptop since 17th February

skidmill
Team Player
Private Message
Message 38 of 38

I did receive notifications of changes to settings for the email service and made them as recommended.

Since 17th February I stopped having access to my emails on Samsung S22 (android) and laptop.

Samsung's email app has the message "The username and password is incorrect or POP3/IMAP access isn't turned on for this account". My username and password is correct as I have access to Webmail.

Historically I have used outlook.live.com on my laptop and now has the message "The username or password for this account is incorrect or IMAP access is disabled"

I have tried setting up a new account on my laptop via Outlook and this gives me the message "We couldn't login on to the incoming (IMAP) server. Please check you email address and password and try again.

Could someone please help with this.

Thanks

0 Likes
37 REPLIES 37

Message 1 of 38

You're welcome.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 38

Thanks Ady

Message 3 of 38

If its working in 365 then there's nothing wrong with your mailbox.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 38

Hi Ady

My settings I'm using for outlook.live are;

Sync Email / Other Email Accounts / Username / Password / Incoming IMAP Server - mail.talktalk.net / Incoming Server Port - 993 / Authentication - Basic / Encryption - SSL / Outgoing SMTP Server - smtp.talktalk,net / Outgoing Server Port - 587 (nothing is required for outgoing server port)

We use the same settings for my wife's TalkTalk email account and she is able to receive and send emails.

I am able to to use fully use my emaill account via my mobile and outlook 365

Message 5 of 38

Hi David, what are your outgoing settings? You must be using the secure settings for sending as well as receiving. 

Ady

Message 6 of 38

Now that's a perfect plan. And webmail is your third option for sending.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 7 of 38

Okay. I'll send via mobile and Outlook 365

Thanks

Message 8 of 38

OK, so my understanding of Outlook.com is that the connections are using opportunistic TLS connection security (despite saying SSL) so it should work if the passwords are correct for the email account. The fact that you don't get an error message is surprising unless the TalkTalk SMTP server is dropping the connection silently or the receiving mail server is dropping the connection silently.

Mystery?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 38

There aren't any options for outgoing encryption. Nothing is required after outgoing server port.

As I have mentioned. My wife's TalkTalk email account has the same settings and is receiving and sending emails (strange).

0 Likes

Message 10 of 38

And the outgoing encryption is SSL or is there another option?  I know, from another customer today that mail sending works from Outlook.com for BT Mail but that doesn't use the STARTTLS command to set up secure outgoing connections.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 38

It was set up via;

Settings / Sync Email / Other Email Accounts / Username / Password / Incoming IMAP Server - mail.talktalk.net / Incoming Server Port - 993 / Authentication - Basic / Encryption - SSL / Outgoing SMTP Server - smtp.talktalk,net / Outgoing Server Port - 587 

I hope this helps

0 Likes

Message 12 of 38

You've given me an indication of the settings but I cannot see exactly how your outlook.live.com account is set up.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 38

Hi Gondola

Have you been able to find out why I can't send emails from my outlook.live account?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 14 of 38

I've just tried sending an email from my wife's account via outlook.live (which has the same settings) and that has been received okay.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 38

Not sure what you men by a send only account, but the settings are;

mail.talktalk.net / 993 / SSL

smtp.talktalk.net / 587

0 Likes

Message 16 of 38

Good to know that the TalkTalk Mail account is sending mail as expected via TalkTalk Mail webmail and Outlook 365. 

I'd need to know if you have a send only account for your TalkTalk Mail address setup in Outlook.com and to see what the settings are that you're using.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 38

Thanks Gondola

I have been able to send emails on my mobile and have now tried from webmail, which has also been sent and received on one of my other email accounts.

How can I resolve not being able to send on the outlook.live account? They are showing as being sent, but they are not being received.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 38

If you're sending mail using port 25, perhaps sending from a personal domain email address and using the TalkTalk Mail servers using the updated secure settings then that personal domain mail will not be sent because it will not be authenticated.

Test sending from a TalkTalk Mail address via webmail

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address and password, select Sign in.

Test sending from a TalkTalk Mail address via Outlook 365 or your phone email app.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 38

Hi Ady

Since our last messages (23/02/23 - subject "No emails on android or laptop since 17th February"), I am pleased to see that I am now receiving my emails on my phone and via outlook.live on my laptop.

However, I have been sending emails via outlook.live and wondering why no-one is replying (they are showing as being sent). Having rang people to chase them up, they don't seem to have been received. I have now tried sending an email to other accounts I have and none are being received. However, I am able to send emails from my phone. 

Could you please look again at my account to enable me to send emails on my laptop via outlook.live.

Thanks again

David

0 Likes

Message 20 of 38

Hi Ady

Since our last messages, I am pleased to see that I am now receiving my emails.

However, I have sent some emails and wondered why no-one is replying. Having chased them up on the phone, they don't seem to have received them. I have now tried sending an email to other accounts I have and none are being received. 

Could you please look again at my account to enable me to send emails.

Thanks again

David