email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

talktalk.net and tiscali.co.uk addresses hard bouncing

des_de_mona
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

I am an email marketer and noticed that a number of talktalk.net and tiscali.co.uk addresses are hard bouncing. I've looked into the records of these contacts and they are all consenting subscribers and have all engaged with emails previously (and recently). It's not affecting all talktalk/tiscali addresses just some of them, approx 10-15 for each campaign.

Our ESP support say that the domains aren't blacklisted and they are getting a recipient undeliverable (TT512) error for these specific addresses.

Any ideas why this is happening?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi des_de_mona, I can help with this. I've sent you a personal message to obtain more information and provide you with some. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi des_de_mona 

What can happen is that some recipient addresses in a distribution list are not valid and a TT506 error is bounced back. Heads up that TalkTalk Mail users may delete email addresses when they're no longer TalkTalk Consumer customers.

If the originator does not remove these addresses from the distribution list and the ESP continues to send to non-valid addresses then rate-limiting will kick in and a TT512 error is bounced back. The email is undeliverable, in this specific case, not because all addresses are unavailable for delivery but because the system is not accepting them all for delivery.

The fix is to clean the distribution list and send in smaller batches. Test by selecting one of the 'failed' addresses, checking with an address verifier that the address is active and sending a test email just to that address.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution