cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

thunderbird not sending email on my PC after changing settings to talktalk latest

fredo1
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 2

Can anyone give me an idiots guide as how to set up my outgoing email. was using  smtp.lineone.net -port 25. now changed to stmp.talktalk.net - port 587 starttls  as per talktalk instruction. Can receive email but not send. All fine with android phone and amazon fire. what am I doing wrong

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

Hi fredo1 

Unless it's also a typo in the settings you have the smtp.talktalk.net hostname written incorrectly -

@fredo1 wrote: ... smtp.lineone.net -port 25. now changed to stmp.talktalk.net - port 587 starttls  as per talktalk instruction. Can receive email but not send. All fine with android phone and amazon fire. what am I doing wrong

On updating the Thunderbird email software Server Settings (incoming mail) and outgoing SMTP server settings, for any active mailbox that does have IMAP / POP3 access, you'll possibly be asked to accept a new certificate (yes, accept) and to enter the email password when using Thunderbird to read or write emails so have the current password ready (when you've set a new password). Tick to remember or save the password before entering it. Each email address needs to have it's own settings and its own outgoing SMTP server because outgoing authentication requires the email account User Name and Password.

User Name is the full email address and Password is the email password.

• Start Thunderbird
  • Select the Thunderbird triple line menu top right
  • Select Account Settings from the menu
  • Select Server Settings under the email account name in the left side panel
  • Use the entries as shown in the table
  • Look down the left side panel to Outgoing Server SMTP
  • Select Edit to update the Outgoing server settings as per the lower entries in the table below - remember to select the correct Outgoing Server for the correct email account.

Thunderbird email client settings for all TalkTalk Mail domains including talktalk, tiscali and their sister email addresses are:

Account Type  IMAP secure Email Account
User Name Full email address
Password Email password
Incoming mail server (IMAP) mail.talktalk.net
Incoming Port 993
Incoming Connection Security SSL/TLS
Authentication Method Normal Password
Outgoing server (SMTP) smtp.talktalk.net
Outgoing Port 587
Outgoing Connection Security STARTTLS
Authentication Method Normal Password

After you've changed the settings have another go.

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help

Email settings and device setup guides for TalkTalk Mail

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution