cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

tiscali email gone awry suddenly

GBy123
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

This is an odd one  - Tiscali email suddenly stopped working on my main pc - could not send or receive mail.    I checked on webmail and it seemed ok.   I tried to get into community to as about it but they sent me a passcode to my tiscali address, which I did not get.   I forgot to check in webmail. 

I back out of it all.    I have tiscali email on my tablet and I subsequently found it was working on that!    I switched of pc and returned later.    tiscali still not working  (I have a Live account which is fine, so something to do with tiscali.   I tried to get into Community and after a few odd messages I managed to get the code (in webmail and tablet, not pc), so am now asking about this.

I have no idea what has happened.   I am using Microsoft New Outlook which has been ok for weeks.   There was an Microsoft update today - could that have any bearing on the issue.  

I also had a strange (scam) email on my tablet this morning saying saying talktalk were closing the old version of Webmail today.   I did not do anything with it - could this be the problem.

So - tiscali does not work on my main pc;   It does in Webmail and it does on my tablet.

Any help or suggestions would be most welcome, but at the moment things have  gone quite wrong.    Do you need a different email address if this does not work?

5 REPLIES 5

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 6

I've asked the admins if there's anything we can do to fix this or if it needs to be sorted at Microsoft's end. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 6

Hi GBy123, do you still have problems with your mail?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

OK. I can now replicate the issue with Outlook for Windows (New Outlook) and yes I agree it has stopped sending and receiving. No mail flowing either way and new mail messages just going to Drafts.

I've tried reverting to Windows Mail. No go.

Tested with Thunderbird and that's working perfectly normally with TalkTalk Mail.

My advice then, not yet knowing exactly how Outlook for Windows broke, is to abandon the product and revert to Thunderbird or BlueMail Desktop email client.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Imogen
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

I have exactly the same problem - it just happened today.  Also in New Outlook.  The help chat has provided no useful help at all - went round in circles for about 2 hours and I gave up...

0 Likes

GBy123
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

I have just posted about problems with my tiscali email.   I have just tried sending mail and found that it, and others, have gone into draft folder and apparently 'they' are trying to send message, try again later.        Any ideas what the problem could be?   I not receiving mail.       Tiscali nightmare once again.   

0 Likes