cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Adding Ethernet ports

Helles3061
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Talk talk advised me to buy a Ethernet cable adaptor 1 male to three female port transfer connector splitter from Amazon.  How do I use this to add more items to my network as the EERO only has two Ethernet ports.  Did they tell me to get the wrong item? I need to connect my phone adapter and a cctv system. I am beginning think this is not right as the eero website says to use an unswitched adapter.  Which is it and how do I plug it in the network?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

@KeithFrench many thanks.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

Hi @Helles3061 

What you really need is not a splitter, but a gigabit network switch. There are others, but this would be OK:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NETGEAR-Ethernet-Unmanaged-Internet-Splitter/dp/B07PYSNSDD/ref=sr_1_4?crid=... 

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

They are basically the same thing.

You need to buy an Ethernet adaptor that automatically keeps the ethernet ports live and doesnt switch to the last item that is switched on.

There are many and varied ones available on Amazon. This ones says it allows for simultaneous use of devices, but there are others, so please do your own research for one that meets your need, as I am not recommending this, but trying to point you in the right direction.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ethernet-Splitter-1000Mbps-Internet-Simultaneously/dp/B0CWGWZRB2/ref=sr_1_4...

Hope this helps.

@KeithFrench any thoughts?

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes