cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Broadband connection dropping

akoumi
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 32 of 32

Hi support,

I have been experiencing my broadband dropping throughout the day over the last few weeks (since middle January 2024).

I have run a talktalk "run a healthcheck" from my TalkTalk MyAccount login and it came back as OK.

It has already occurred twice today at approx. 11:55hrs and 14:11hrs and the drop lasts for a very short time (approx. 1-5 secs).

I'd appreciate if you could please look into this and check the connection logs from your side, as this seems to be happening every day and been so for a good few weeks.

Thanks in advance.

Andy

0 Likes
31 REPLIES 31

Message 2 of 32

on it now 😃

Cheers

Message 3 of 32

Hi Andy

I'm so glad to hear this 🙂

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

I've sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

Message 4 of 32

Good Morning Debbie,

The connection has been fine since you disabled WiFi Optimisation and I'm therefore happy for this support request to be closed down.

Thanks for all your and the wider team's help (e.g. @KeithFrench) on getting this issue resolved.

Happy Friday!!

Cheers,

Andy

Message 5 of 32

Good morning and Happy Friday 🙂

How's the connection been this week?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 32
0 Likes

Message 7 of 32

Thanks Debbie, your support is greatly appreciated!!

Message 8 of 32

Hi akoumi

That's great news.

Of course that is no problem 🙂

I will check in again with you next Friday. Have a good weekend 🙂

Thanks

Debbie

Message 9 of 32

Hi Debbie,

The WiFi has been stable and had no drops since you disabled the WiFi Optimisation. I'd like to monitor for one more week if possible before closing down this support request if that's OK? Or if you'd prefer to close this one down and me raise another request if required?

It's looking good at the moment!!

Thanks

Message 10 of 32

Hi akoumi

How are you getting on, how's the connection been?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 32
0 Likes

Message 12 of 32

Thank again, I'll update you in a weeks time. 👍

Message 13 of 32

Hi akoumi

Thank you. WIFI optimisation monitors the connection and will try and choose the best wireless channel for you.

Sometimes customers prefer to choose their own wireless channels.

Message 14 of 32

Thanks Debbie,

I'll monitor the WIFI connections over the next week and let you know how I get on and whether you should turn the WIFI Optimisation back on.

Just out of interested what does the WIFI Optimisation do and will it affect the download/upload speeds with it turned off?

Thanks,

A

0 Likes

Message 15 of 32

Hi akoumi

I've switched the WIFI optimisation off.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 16 of 32

OK thanks for the explanation and i have not requested that WiFi optimisation be disabled in the past, so it's probably still enabled.

@Karl-TalkTalk  is this something you can help with please?

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 32

It will be enabled by default unless you request TalkTalk disable it for you, which I would recommend to start with. It can easily be re-enabled at a later date. Just request that they disable it for you (it has the power to change any of your WiFi configuration at will) in your reply. Then we'll see what happens.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 18 of 32

Not sure, how can i check?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 32

Yes, I can now see the issue, you are being kicked off as the security settings have been saved. I have seen this before but have never been able to get to the bottom of it. I have never seen this on my router. Do you have WiFi optimisation enabled?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Private Message TalkTalk

Message 20 of 32

Hi Keith,

We encountered another drop earlier today at 13:16hrs, and as Franco recommended below I have collected the "Info & lower" logs for that time period for you to look at.

Please see attached logs.

Regards,

Andy

0 Likes