cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Broadband / internet down

davep
Insightful One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 13

Our internet wasn't working this morning.  Have had this occasionally over past couple of months which resolved with off / on of router.  Didn't work today.

Obviously having problems with connection and the one I've "borrowed" is variable.

Only the power and wireless lights are showing on HG 633.  I've connected to test socket and tried anothe router with no change.  I phoned help line and was told they would check and get back to me in 10 to 30 min - that was an hour ago.  Landline is working as far as I know and my mobile is in a position in the house where it can receive a signal.  Any chance an OCE could have a look and give me an idea of what is going on / any chance it resolving.

I'm in for an op tomorrow and would prefer not to leave wife without internet.

Thanks in advance, and hopefully I'll find a way to respond if the wifi keeps working as I don't have a contract on mobile

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

No problem, thanks for getting back to us

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

seems ok now.  sorry for late reply, am in hospital and just managed connection.

thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Morning,

Just checking back in to see if everything is still ok with the connection since your last post?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Hi Dave,

The Openreach notes just says that the fault is cleared and closed, no mention of an engineer visit. In answer to your question, no you won't be charged. Apologies for any confusion and inconvenience

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

just had a text saying I've had an engineer visit.  I trust I won't be charged for something I have no knowledge of and didn't happen.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

@Debbie-TalkTalk   The internet seems to be working now.  Not sure wheh it came back on.  It would have been nice if the call centre had got back to me, though my preference is always the community when I can.  Maybe you can report that for me.

One of our neighbours had lost connection and were told it may be 2 days before it was repaired (nowtv), but the ones with BT or Plusnet were ok.  All coming from the same wire, seems very strange to me.  Hopefully I can move the router back to its normal position and wife will have use while I'm in hopsital.

Thanks again

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

will try to be patient now

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Hi davep

I'm not sure sorry, I'm hoping there will be more notes/information on the fault ticket soon.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

any reason why the neighbour's is working.  I believe they are with ZEN and presumably run down the same line and cabinet and BT infrastructure.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Hi davep

Apologies again. Openreach haven't provided any further information at the moment.

The fault is in hand and I will post back here as soon as I have additional information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 11 of 13

thanks @Debbie-TalkTalk  for the reply.  Our neighbour's is working ok, I just asked.  They come off the same wire as us.   Do you know where the fault is?  Still not heard back from call centre after more than 2 hours which is another reason for using the far better community and OCE's whenever possible.

Guess there's nothing I can do.  Just come at a bad time if it isn't fixed quickly.  There were some vans at the end of the road yesterday but I think they were energy related.  There are lots of new post being put up for a superfast wireless supplier, or I think that's waht it is.  Wouldn't put it past them sabotaging to get more customers.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 13

Hi davep

I'm really sorry to hear this.

This fault appears to be part of a bigger fault and Openreach are investigating.

I will continue to monitor for further updates.

Thanks

0 Likes