cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Broadband speed has halved

pjm5755
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

I checked my Broadband speed this morning and its low at around 30MB for my Fibre65.

Recently I had a new router from yourselves, it was a great service, and with this installed, it was consistently giving 65MB speed, so I'm not sure why it dropped on my check today.  A line check came back ok.

Can you help, please?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

That's great news, thanks for letting me know 🙂

Chris

pjm5755
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 8

I've just checked the speed again this morning and something has happened.  Its not as good as before, but a vast improvement from the 30mb, to just over 60mb now, although it was previously solid at 65mb, so it may improve further in time.  Thanks for your help

Message 3 of 8
0 Likes

pjm5755
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 8

Yes, that's fine and I'll leave my router on. Its never usually rebooted, but the slow speed this morning prompted the reboot.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi pjm5755

Would it be possible to leave the router at the test socket for 48hrs (without rebooting) to see if DLM starts to increase the speed again in this set up?

0 Likes

pjm5755
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I booted the router this morning to see if that sorted out the speed issue, but it still stayed at 30mb.  Over the last few weeks I think they have been laying fibre cable to and within the village, but I think that's now finished.

Is there anything I can do at my end, please?

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi pjm5755

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which is clear and I can see that the line is in sync at 31mb.

There are re connections on the line and this can affect the sync speed. Is the connection dropping or has the router been rebooted?

Thanks

0 Likes