cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Fibre35(ADSL) struggles to get 5mb this week used to get 10mb also drops out occasionally

hughwpearce
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 32 of 32

Speed and stability of internet poor all this week was fine until then getting iplayer buffering and timeouts every half hour or so.   I have not changed anything.

Only just reaches guarenteed download speed of 5.9mb half the time and upload guarentee of 0.4mb is 0.1-0.3mb after main tt bb speed tests..   TT say speed to router is 8-9MB 

Some Webpages give connection lost error and then pop up after about 10-60 s or time out

Sometimes has gone as low as 1.5mb in speed test and have to reboot router to restore it back

Can the my 10Mb be restored and stability restored 

Regards

Hugh

0 Likes
31 REPLIES 31

Message 1 of 32

Hi hughwpearce

I'm so glad to hear this. 

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 32

Engineer has fixed it back to over 10M.

He swapped some wires around in the back of the master socket that has fixed it.  he said one of the wires from the master socket to the outside of the house had probably deteriorated and so swapped to a spare wire inside the master socket   and that has made if work a lot better.

thanks for your help

Message 3 of 32

HI hughwpearce

Thanks for your reply.

I've arranged the engineer visit for 10/01 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 32

Thanks for the clarification.   I'm happy to go ahead,  

Message 5 of 32

Hi hughwpearce

This will be an Openreach engineer visit. In regards to potential charges, if the fault is found to be with Openreach maintained equipment up to the test socket then no charges should be applied.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 32

Looking at the charges link there are a number of types of engineers visits can you clarify which one you intend to send? 

As the fault has now been identified as a poor DML between response measured between exchange and router and the router  and cable has been replaced the fault is  most likely somewhere between the master socket and the exchange and that its Openreach/talktalk  responsible   for any repairs and maintenance of the line from the master socket to the exchange and  I will not be charged for repair as long as long as not caused by my negligence or caused by my equipment. ?

I am available AM/PM most days but will need to agree a convenient  date   

0 Likes

Message 7 of 32

Hi hughwpearce

Please can you confirm potential engineer charges and provide your availability AM and PM?

Engineer charges

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 32

OK it seems the problem is between the router and the exchange somewhere.   let  me know what detail you need to arrange engineer visit.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 32

OK, we can arrange an engineer visit to investigate. If you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details with you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 32

It seems to  be  back to about 4MB  now so is fluctuating a bit ?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 32

Yes still connected

0 Likes

Message 12 of 32

Hi Hugh, 

I'm sorry to hear that, is your router still connected to the test socket?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 32

Hello   I'm afraid the internet is now doing about 2.3MB its crawling and bearly useable am struggling with time outs on website its so slow so whatever you have done has made it worse and shows the problem is due to something you are doing so it needs to be sorted.  Please can I request you get your act together and sort this out as the situation is getting intolerable and simply not acceptable .

Please  report back with what you are going to do to fix it as I am not happy

0 Likes

Message 14 of 32
0 Likes

Message 15 of 32

Thanks hopefully that will work

0 Likes

Message 16 of 32

The line management system (DLM) has set a line profile that is restricting your speed. Could you leave the router connected to the test socket for 48 hours and we'll see if DLM moves to a faster profile

Chris

0 Likes

Message 17 of 32

Tried master socket its a 5c unscrewed it connected direct no difference seems to be struggling to make 4mb lasts couple  of weeks seem stable jus poor speed,  heard that resetting and resynching the connection/line may help as the problem  has to be something downline of the mastersocket on the line, junction boxes and at the exchange as tried everything suggested here and on the TT help and problem solving site here many times over and just keep getting the same results?   

0 Likes

Message 18 of 32

Hi Hugh,

Is your router currently connected to your test socket as ferguson has asked (this is the socket under the master socket faceplate)?  Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes

Message 19 of 32

Does your master socket have a test socket behind the faceplate and if so have you tried connecting there? Subject to that, do expect a few days delay before you get a response from the support team due to the weekend and holiday period. 

0 Likes

hughwpearce
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 32

I'm am now getting 4mb with 5mb to router have spent 2hrs going through all the tests etc on tt site and speed is poorer than ever

Why has speed to router gone from 9 to 4mb over last few weeks as I understand this is under your control? and set  by tt

It suspect I have been put on a slow connection due to increased contention ratio at the exchange and the line check does not  check this can you investigate

Can this be given top priority as its been going on a month 

0 Likes