cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Cannot connect to eero 5ghz network

Message 8 of 8

5ghz capable devices will not connect to eero 5ghz network.

Android phone, that always did connect to eero at 5ghz, now only connects at 2.4ghz. Laptop that mostly connected at 5ghz, will now only connect at 2.4ghz. Could this be due to the latest of the frequent eero firmware updates? Please can I have a regular (non mesh) router? Had no trouble with previous TT router.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 2 of 8

@Sunflower5 

I see you have started your own topic, please wait for further responses there. 

Message 3 of 8

Hi I'm also coming across this problem with not being able to connect to 5Ghz recently.

2.4Ghz:

Channel and control channel both 11.

5Ghz:

Channel 155, Control channel 161.

What's the fix?

Daniel Jeyaraj
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 8

The descision as to which WiFi band to connect to is solely down to the device. It accesses the signal quality (levels of signal strength or Wi-Fi interference). However, there is quite a common problem I have seen with the eero 6 (should not affect the eero Pro 6) is that the eero can use a 5GHz channel number that is too high for your devices. There is a patch for this. The first step is to check this out by using the eero app & going to:-

1. Tap Home
  2. Tap the eero (if more than one) that your devices are trying to connect to.
  3. Tap Wi-Fi Radio Analytics
  4. Tap 5GHz at the top of the page.
  5. Scroll down to the bottom of the page where there is a box that contains the Channel and Control Channel.

Please let me know what they are set to.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk 

No problems, I will contact @Paul19641964 in an hour or two.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Morning,

@KeithFrench - would you be able to offer any guidance on this?

Thanks

Michelle