cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Complaint - phone line constantly engaged - Chatline useless

andrew2203
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

Hello Everyone.

We have been having a problem for around the last 7 weeks with our landline.

When calling out there was the engaged tone and we were unable to receive any calls. At first I found that if we disconnected the phone from the grandsstream and unplugged the power and data then plugged everything back in and reset the grandstream it would cure the problem.  Over time the problem got worse and we were having to reset it several times a day.

I used the chatline and got to Darryl who went through all the reset procedures several times, but it kept failing and we got the engaged tone. As he couldn't solve it he esculated the call  telling me someone would be in touch in 3 working days

As nobody called me I got on the chat again and spoke with Deepak,.  Again he went through all the reset procedures again without success.  His final solution was to tell me he would order up a new grandstream and eero 6 pro, but as the relevant department was closed I would have to chat next day to authorise the order.

Next day I went on the chat to confirm the order with someone called Jenievie.  She looked at my account and informed that I should not be using the eero 6 with a Fibre 65 contract.  It should be a black wi-fi hub that they sent when I opened the contract.  They are now sending me a black hub.

They did send me a black wi-fi, but when the engineers came to set up the fibre they installed the Eero 6 Pro, the Grandstream and also set up the Eero app on my mobile.  They told me the Eero was the latest hub and that I should return both the new black router and my old router to Talktalk which I did.

Everything was working perfectly until around 7 weeks ago.

Has anyone else had and Eero 6 with the Fibre 65 contract and had any problems ?

Does anyone know why the engineers would fit the Eero rather than the supplied hub ?

It also seems that TalkTalk are expecting me to return the Eero and Grandstream to them, but I'm not sure if they belong to TalkTalk as the engineers supplied them and they didn't come directly from TalkTalk..

I have raised an email complaint with TalkTalk on their concerns email address, but if it's anything like the chat I don't hold out much hope..

My main concern is that not only am I paying for a landline service which is not working, but I need it as I'm a carer for my mother and she is unable to me or I contact her.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Andrew,

I understand and thanks for confirming.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hello,

I can now confirm that the landline is working again now.  Just a bit annoted that the chatline people didn't work out what the problem was straight away.

All good now.

Andrew

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi Andrew,

I'm sorry any confusion and inconvenience caused by this issue. I don't know why the engineer fitted an eero, as already mentioned the eero is only supplied on faster packages, Fibre 65 comes with the Sagemcom wifi hub. Just to confirm is everything currently OK with your service?

Chris

0 Likes

andrew2203
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 10

Hi,

The only contact I've had from the Customer Complaints Team is a confirmation email to say my complaint has been logged as ET-818381.

Nothing else has come from them.

Andrew

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Morning Andrew,

Thank you for the update and I'm really sorry to hear that. I'm glad to hear that the voice service is now working ok. Are you still in contact with our Complaints Team?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hello Michelle,

We have fully reset the adapter many times and have gone through all the reset processes many times when on the chat.  It wasn't until the third chat with Jennievie that I was told my contract was not compatible with the Eero and the Grandstream.  I don't understand why your engineer fitted these and set up the Eero app if they weren't suitable even though it has worked perfectly until a few weeks ago.  They were the ones that told me everyone was to have the Eero and the black router you sent should be returned along with my old one.  The chat team finally sent a black router which is installed and working, but because the landline was not working it ended up cost me and my mother who I care for a lot in mobile charges and stress on her part.

Kind regards

Andrew

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi Andrew,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, did you try the below on the digital voice adapter?

RESETTING YOUR DIGITAL VOICE ADAPTER

If your Digital Voice adapter or router has stopped working, we may ask you to reset it to check everything's working as intended. To do this:

Insert a pin or straightened paper clip into the hole labelled “Reset” on your Digital Voice adapter.
Slightly push and hold it in for up to 20 seconds; or until all the lights, apart from the power light, switch off. Once this happens release the reset button.
Factory reset of the device will take a full 15 minutes and you need to wait until the allotted time has passed for the full factory reset to be completed. After 15 minutes, check your Digital Voice adapter device and try to re-test to check if the issue resolved.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

andrew2203
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 10

Hi Gliwmaeden2

This contract was taken out on 26/04/23 for 18 months.  We were part of the original UFO pilot scheme for York, but took the contract when this ended.

The contract is described as Fibre 65, not sure if it's FTTC

TalkTalk did send me a new black router, but then engineers who called round to set things up installed the Eero and Grandstream.  He just said something like ' we always use these, just send the other one back along with the old router'.   He also set up the Eero app on my mobile.

As I said before everything seemed to work well with the Eero until around 7 weeks ago.  I don't see why it would stop working after all this time unless it's something that's been caused by an update.  Also why would the engineer fir a different router to the one supplied by TalkTalk if it wasn't right.

I wasn't sure who this Eero belonged to as the engineer brought it and it didn't com direct from TalkTalk.  If they want it they can have it.  My contract will be up in a few months so chances are I will be looking a a new supplier and they will get back this new hub they are sending

Also added my phone number to my profile.

Thanks for your reply.

Andrew

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

@andrew2203, there is a Fibre to the Premises (full fibre) service called Fibre65, but also one that is just Fibre to the cabinet (so still a copper phone line).

When exactly did you take out the contract?

Normally a Sagemcom hub 2 would come with the Full Fibre, Fibre 65, but it works also with FTTC.

The Eero is usually for faster packages.

And it seems to be rather complicated to manage .....!

Any redundant equipment should be returned to Talktalk. Staff will be able to provide you with a returns bag and investigate the problems with the calls, but they won't be back on here before Monday. 

Make sure that you have completed your community forum profile details for them to identify your account. 

Add your Talktalk phone number or account number by going via your avatar/name; settings; drop down menu: Personal Information.....SAVE  CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes