cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

No internet for 36 hours

MrsKP
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 24

A copy of email sent, three times, one to the CEO. I would seriously avoid talk talk at all costs!! Most unhelpful, no response, read from scripts. 5mins it says on my account it will take to fix the issue, 36 hours later still nothing.

I emailed on Monday 22nd July to explain a problem and have received no response. I have had chats with 7 different agents, all of whom follow a computer script and refuse to offer any actual help or support, I have also emailed your CEO, shock that there was no response there either. Below is said email. It has now been 39 hours without active internet, yet you don't deem this an urgent case? 

Good Evening,
I am emailing due to the outrageous and un-helpful customer service. My internet has been down since 1800 yesterday evening (Monday 22nd July) it's is now 16.17pm on Tuesday 23rd July which means I have been without internet for 22 hours. I have spoke to five different agents, and I am constantly repeating that I have completed all the checks your online guides suggests, and each time they tell me they can sort the issue, I then get told I will need to book an engineer who will turn up in a weeks time, do you think this is acceptable? I work from home and study from home, I am losing out on wages due to not being able to work and you expect me to go a WEEK without working? I would like to know if YOU would go a week without? Will your company being compensating me over loss of earnings due to you not fulfilling your contract and providing me with a working service? I'm sure if I withheld my payment each month for 22 hours you would have something to say. I am not happy at all, I have an "open case" for a fault which I should of had a response from in five minutes, yet it's been 22 hours? I am using up all of mobile phone data, will you compensate me for my mobile phone bill?
I am disgusted that a wait for an engineer is up to a week long, you do not treat potential customers this way, you're all bells and whistles when trying to obtain new customers, yet do nothing to support the customers you have. As stated I've spoken to five agents and sent a complaint email, and I have received no response. I will be making people aware of this company and not to use you when you can not provide the service that is being paid for. 22 hours with no internet access is unacceptable. I hope on receiving this email you will be to step in, organise an engineer alot sooner (I don't want to hear how they show available slots they have, I suggest that I am an urgent  customer who needs a slot ASAP) and I also hope to see some form of compensation for my loss of earnings, mobile data phone bill, and the fact you're charging me for a service I am not receiving. If this issue is rectified to a decent standard I shall be happy, if not, I will be swapping my internet provider to a company who looks after thier customers and is also cheaper monthly, and also seeking advice from the citizens bureau on how to file to claim back the above mentioned costs.

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Message 1 of 24

Hi MrsKP,

What actually happens when you try to change the name and password?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 24

It's finally arrived, it's connected but it won't allow me to change the name or password.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 24

@MrsKP, once it's resolved,  automatic compensation would show within 30 days. Check out the details of the scheme here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

The Ts&Cs, at the foot of any Talktalk page, clarify TT's liabilities for residential customers. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 24

Hi

As soon as the new router arrives and is connected, please let us know here so we can test your connection and see how things are looking.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 24

Still not acceptable to be left this long with no service. I'm aware this has been escalated to your highest point of management and I wait for them to reach out to me, this is certainly not resolved.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 24

Hi

So sorry for the poor service you have received.  Our Teams will always advise that a router can take up to 5 days to arrive, but in reality, it is usually there within 48hrs, in some cases 24hrs.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 24

Engineer turned up, I now have to wait up to 4 days for a new router to be delivered!!! And I've been told they won't charge me for it (how kind!!!) This is potentially a whole week with no internet because it couldn't be sorted sooner!! I've never known a company treat it's customers this way!!

0 Likes

Message 8 of 24
0 Likes

Message 9 of 24

Chris I appreciate that thank you. If only the first person I had spoken to had been more customer aware.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 24

I've booked the engineer appointment for tomorrow morning - July 25 2024, 8am-1pm - please let us know how you get on

Chris

Message 11 of 24

Thanks, I'll book the engineer now and get back to you with the details

Chris

Message 12 of 24

I accept the potential charge

0 Likes

Message 13 of 24

Could you just confirm that you accept potential engineer charges and I'll book the engineer

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 24

I'm available at those times in my house untill 28th July. If you cannot give me a an engineer slot for this week I want you to cancel my account.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 24

OK, can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday. (in case tomorrow isn't available)

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 24

If you can get me an appointment for tomorrow I would be highly impressed as all your online agents on chat have told me the 29th July or not untill the first full week of August!

0 Likes

Message 17 of 24

Yes, we can usually get an appointment next working day or the day after

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 24

Is that engineer going to be quicker than the week I've already been told to wait? Because it's awful you expect me to go this long with a service I'm paying you for... a five min fix on REP-14548915 and, just to reiterate, over 36 hours later I have nothing.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 24

OK thanks. I can arrange a visit from an Openreach engineer, If you'd like me to do this please let me know and I'll confirm some details with you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 20 of 24

All the same questions I've been asked before. I have no home phone, when the router is plugged into the internet  line, the phone kine, the test socket (all which your guides o line suggest to do and I have done) I get no internet and just a flashing amber light. I was told on Monday 22nd July at 19:19pm there was a fault and it would update me in 5 mins, I am now 38 hours in and still have no broadband.

0 Likes