cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Connectivity to STEAM application via MacBook

pwbc15
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

Hello TalkTalk Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm reaching out to inquire if anyone else in the community has been experiencing challenges with their TalkTalk connection, specifically in relation to using Steam.

I've been encountering difficulties connecting to Steam despite various troubleshooting attempts. I've followed the recommended steps, checked router settings, and even reached out to Steam Support without a satisfactory resolution.

If anyone has faced similar issues or has insights into resolving connectivity problems with Steam on the TalkTalk network, I would greatly appreciate your input. Your experiences and suggestions could be incredibly helpful.

Feel free to share your thoughts, solutions, or any relevant information that might shed light on this matter. Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Best regards,

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Morning,

Ok thank you and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

I will try this first thing tomorrow morning and let you know how i get on. I did try this earlier but only left the power out for about 30 seconds

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

OK thanks. Could you switch your router off and leave it off for at least 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

I have just tried again to download and it shows "connection timed out" 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Hi Chris,

It just won't connect online. when i try to download a new game i have its saying "starting download"  and then doesn't go anywhere until a connection error or a manifest error. 

Ive reinstalled the application. It has never happened before? i was wondering if anyone has had similar issue? But Steam are trying to push the blame onto talk talk

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi Paul,

What actually happens when you try to connect to Steam? Do you get an error message?

Chris

0 Likes