cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Red light on my router - please help

DizzyMissIzzy
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Hi 

I’ve got a problem with my Sagecom-FAST5364 and hope someone can help me.

When I went to work this morning at 9am my internet was fine and no issues apparent. I noticed a problem when my Alexa replied to my message prompt with a “the internet is not reachable” and when I went to look there was a solid red light on the router.

I have tried to reset by unplugging the router for an hour but no joy. I tried the pin reset by that also did not work.

I’ve used the online connection check and it prompted a reply from TalkTalk saying there’s an issue and needed an Openreach visit. However I can’t find any way to tell that there’s a solid red light on my router. Which clearly indicates there’s no life remaining in the router. (I can’t access my personal banking if I’m on my phone’s data allowance as it gives an error message saying connection must be over locked wifi.)

As I need my internet for working from home some days I’m hoping someone can help me with a fix.

I can see the world clearly, but I have to squint.......
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Good morning,

I'm glad to hear this and thanks for letting us know 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

DizzyMissIzzy
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

Thank you. It would appear that it had been an orange light and not a red one after all.  It seems that openreach have been and fixed the problem as I now have broadband connection restored. Thank you.

I can see the world clearly, but I have to squint.......
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 6

Hello,

I've checked and there is no additional update as yet. The fault is still under investigation with Openreach. We'll check again first thing in the morning.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now and can see that this has been raised to Openreach for investigation as a potential fault has been detected. I will re-check this again this afternoon to see if we've received a further update from Openreach.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

I expect that the light is actually orange not red (they do look similar & that would account for the possible Openreach visit.

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?