cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Cordless Dec phones on FTTP

Cymru1
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 12

Will a Panasonic KX-TGH723EB Digital Cordless Telephone work,  via digital voice adapter, on my full fibre 150 system.  A BT cordless phone does not

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

OK, it does look as though there's a fault with the BT phone. If you need any further assistance just let us know

Chris

Message 2 of 12

FTTP 150 installed last week,  used my old Panasonic cordless,  via DVA,  without issue. Received a new BT cordless from Amazon - followed charging and set up instructions - but,  no dial tone.  Plugged my old Panasonic cordless back in - that worked on again.  Just boxed up new BT cordless, for return to Amazon. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 12

If the BT one is new, take it back for a refund or replacement as it is faulty.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 4 of 12

May be a fault with the BT phone then, did it work OK on your previous service or didn't you have it then?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Everything looks OK from our side so I'd check the batteries as Keith has suggested

Chris

0 Likes

Cymru1
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 12

My,  very old,  Panasonic cordless phone works,  but a newly purchased BT cordless doesn't 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 12

Assuming it has power to the base station & the cable from there to the Digital Voice is OK, then the most likely reason is that it is faulty. Are the batteries OK in the handset(s)?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

Cymru1
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 12

No dial tone - can't make or receive calls

0 Likes

Cymru1
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 12

No dial tone.  Doesn't phone out,  or ring to incoming call

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 12

Any standard landline phone that used to work prior to full fibre should work with Digital Voice, DECT phones are the easiest to use in this scenario. What is wrong with your your BT one? 

Keith

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Hi Cymru1,

What happens when you try to use the BT cordless phone?

Chris

0 Likes