cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

External junction hanging off wall with exposed wires

RePete
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

The junction box at the front of our house is hanging off loose with exposed wires showing, and we have since had problems with the phone not working in the secondary socket and broadband suffering intermittent drop outs and much slower speeds:

IMG_20230721_173045 (2).png

I believe only Openreach are allowed to fix this equipment so I contacted live chat to try to arrange an Openreach engineer visit. After 3 ½ hours (!) they finally agreed to arrange this – they also wanted me to agree to a Talktalk engineer visit but I specifically said I didn’t agree to this at this stage as I hope the junction box fix may resolve the faults. I was given an appointment slot for today. This morning I had a call from a Talktalk engineer, I explained I wanted an Openreach engineer to fix the box, he said he couldn’t do that and Talktalk would be in touch. About 2 hours into the appointed slot I received a text from Talktalk saying they were sorry they’d missed me when they came out and advising I would be charged for a missed appointment.

How can I escalate this? I need an Openreach engineer (even if the faults are not resolved by their fix, the box still needs repairing) but I am not happy to waste another 3 ½ hours going through all this with someone else. Does anyone know if it can be arranged? I’d have thought Openreach is responsible for this equipment but I’ve already said I’ll pay for the Openreach engineer visit if necessary.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Thanks for the update, glad to hear that the engineer has resolved the problem, apologies for any inconvenience

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Yes. An Openreach engineer came to the house yesterday and repaired the wires/box, as I'd hoped everything is now working as normal - so, many thanks to Sam the engineer from Openreach.

Thanks also to you, Debbie and Gliwmaeden2 for keeping me updated - I am still livid (and traumatised!) about the 3 ½ hour live chat I endured last week trying to arrange an appointment, but thank goodness for this community, it’s only through contacting you that this was resolved.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 7

Morning,

We've re-checked and have received an update to advise that Openreach have resolved a potential fault. How are you getting on, is everything now ok?

Thanks

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 7

Hi RePete

This fault is still with Openreach, there are no additional updates at the moment. We will continue to monitor this.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Morning,

Thanks for your post. I've run a test on the line now which has detected a potential external line fault so I've passed this straight over to Openreach to complete an external line investigation. We'll continue to monitor for updates and will post updates here.

Thanks

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Your post is in the queue for attention, @RePete. Staff back on here during the day tomorrow. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes