cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Charged in error for TalkTalk engineer missed appointment

RePete
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

My latest bill shows a charge of £75 for a missed TalkTalk engineer appointment which states “the engineer visited on 24/07/23 however was unable to gain access”. This is completely wrong and I want the charge refunded.

This arises from an issue I had in July which I knew needed an openreach (not TalkTalk) engineer visit, and despite trying to arrange this with TalkTalk (including a three and a half hour live chat!) it was only by raising it with this community that I was able to get the matter resolved (this is in your community pages under “Help with your service > Fibre > External junction hanging off wall with exposed wires”). I have no wish to spend any more time speaking to anyone about this so I am hoping you will be as helpful this time as you were then.

The engineer rang me on the morning of 24/07 and when I realised he was from TalkTalk I told him I had wanted an openreach engineer, not him, as the problem was external; he agreed he would only be able to deal with internal issues and so said he wouldn’t be coming and would pass this on.

This charge was then advised to me later on 24/07 by text message, and I responded “You didn't miss me, I have been here all day. A talk talk engineer rang me this morning and I explained I was expecting an openreach engineer to fix our external junction box. In my chat with you on Friday, I was asked if I wanted a talktalk engineer and said no and advised I would not pay for this”. The text went on to say “you agreed to the booking of the engineer as the terms and conditions were read” and I responded “No, I specifically said I agreed to the terms and conditions of the openreach engineer but not to the talktalk engineer”.

I was contacted again on 25/07 and given a complaint reference number (not sure if I should provide that here, I can advise it if you wish). On 27/07 I explained all of this on the phone to someone who said they were “Leo, Technical Complaints Manager” who agreed to rescind the charges, and as a result the complaint was closed.

After all this I am now shocked to find I have still been charged, can you please arrange to reverse this, as was agreed, and let me know when I can see this in my account in pending transactions? Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 2 of 6

Arne - yes, credit now there. Many thanks for your help - I don't know what I'd do without the assistance of this community!

Message 3 of 6

Hi @RePete 

A credit has been applied to the account in the last 24 hours, please check transaction history in my account and you should be able to request a refund. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Thanks for responding, Gliwmaiden2.

I've done that, unfortunately no credit is in transaction history, nor in "upcoming" under my bills. 

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

While it may show in the bill as due, check transaction history, @RePete, as it may be offset with a credit already there. Talktalk often does this to record the waiver.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes