cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Fast5364 Repeated dropped connection

TTFibreuser
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

Afternoon.  I've been having problems, for weeks, with repeated dropped connections to the internet, at all times of day and night. It happens most frequently on the 2.4GHz band but also occurs on the 5GHz.  Often if the 2.4GHz drops, the 5GHz will retain access to the internet but few of my devices can run on the 5GHz band (my mobile uses both, which is how I've tested this).   I have a Fast5364 modem and have tried switching channels to avoid interference but there is no noticeable change.  A line test showed no issue, so I suspect a faulty router.  Can you advise please?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi TTFibreuser

I'm sorry to hear this.

I can see that @KeithFrench has offered to help. Keith provides really great advice on improving wireless performance.

Do you still need help with this?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal or no signal on some or all devices or no internet access might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a byproduct of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

However, other factors should be investigated first. When this happens, what are the lights showing on the front of the router? Do you have any wired connections & if so, how do they perform?

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers much more from interference than the 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

Have you had TalkTalk’s Wi-Fi optimisation disabled on your Sagemcom FAST5364 router? When this is enabled, as it is by default, it has the power to override any Wi-Fi configuration changes that I might suggest that you need to make. This will not help rectify this type of problem if Wi-Fi Optimisation is allowed to change my suggested settings. Only TalkTalk can do this for you, you cannot do it yourself. If not, just request they disable this for you in your reply.

The next stage involves sending out a guide to you to help you get me some important diagnostic results so that I can analyse them for you and recommend changes to your router configuration to solve them.

I only send this out to people who request it.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?