cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Flashing amber light on router

JC-74!
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 18

Over the past few days my internet has been cutting out - a flashing amber light on the router. I have restarted it several times but that hasn’t helped. I spent 2 hours online with a TalkTalk advisor who told me that they had updated the Firmware on the router and that this would solve the problem. However, it hasn’t - the internet connection now cuts out every few minutes.

The router is several years old - do I simply need a replacement?

17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Hi JC-74!

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting me know 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

JC-74!
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 18

Yes, I’ve installed the new router and everything is now working fine.

Thank you for your assistance.

Message 3 of 18
0 Likes

Message 4 of 18

Hi JC-74!

Thanks for your reply.

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

You can connect your current router to your usual set up now.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

JC-74!
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 18

Yes, that would be fine. Do you know when the router will arrive? And can I now remove the router from the test socket?

Message 6 of 18

Hi again,

Great thank you. I've re-run the line test again now which is still detecting the same fault towards the property. Would it be ok if we send a replacement router for testing purposes first as the next step would be to arrange an engineer visit to the property?

Thanks

Michelle

JC-74!
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 18

I have now attached the router to the test socket. How long do I need to leave it like this?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 18

Morning,

Would it be possible to connect the router at the test socket so we can re-run the line test again to see if the same fault is present please? 

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

JC-74!
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 18

The router is continuing to cut out occasionally, mainly during the evenings, and phone calls have also occasionally cut out. I reported this over a week ago and we’re no further forward. Are you able to tell me what action is being taken to sort this out?

Many thanks.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 18

Hi JC-72,

How has it been since your last post?

Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

JC-74!
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 18
Yes, I do have a test socket. However, the router only cuts out very sporadically at the moment so I’m not sure whether the teats socket would identify the issue?

Could it be that the router is just old?
0 Likes

Message 12 of 18

HI JC-74!

This help page provides some more information on test socket testing.

Your guide to main phone sockets

Alternatively, if you post a photo of your master socket on this thread then I can take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

JC-74!
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 18

Thanks for getting back to me. I’m not sure what you mean by a main and test socket - are you able to clarify what you mean? Have you any idea as to the type of fault we’re talking about?

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 14 of 18

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which has detected a potential fault towards the property. Does your main socket have a test socket please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 15 of 18

Tonight we had 2 hours of the following:

2 minutes of the router on - white light

2 minutes of flashing amber light

2 minutes of flashing amber and white

Continuously for the last 2 hours. Is this because TalkTalk were doing something remotely or just a coincidence?

it would be nice to be given an update about what, if anything, is happening.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 16 of 18

Hi JC-74!,

If you still need assistance can you please add your TalkTalk home telephone number or account number to your community profile and we'll be happy to look into it for you

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 18

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes