cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Changing to full fibre

stormin66
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

I have been notified by Openreach that they will be connecting fibre to my property within the next 6 weeks. Will TalkTalk be proving a new router that will allow me to connect my existing phone to continue using my existing phone line? My existing router has a WAN socket but not BT phone socket.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

You will be notified by your ISP when any changes are pending, not by Openreach. 

0 Likes

stormin66
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

What is the procedure when Openreach advises me that my existing copper connection is to be withdrawn? The changeover is inevitable and not by my choice.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

The change will come eventually, but it won't happen without your knowledge. 

0 Likes

stormin66
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

I had assumed (unwise) that the old copper cable would be disabled inline with nationwide publicity. I am nor requesting any change to my service but believe there is no choice, the copper cable is being withdrawn.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Openreach will not be "connecting" Fibre as such, unless you have specifically ordered it from your provider, I guess they just mean that it will become available at your property. Or have TalkTalk separately notified you that you are getting a free upgrade? 

0 Likes