cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Router continually restarting with [Error][Alarm-Log] AlarmID:104001,AlarmLevel:Error,Device reset.

robulon
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 24

Hi.

I'm really at my wit's end with this. I've had the same TalkTalk router for a number of years and it has mostly worked fine (I had a few issues last year with kernel panic that were resolved by a firmware update but in the last few days, the router has been continually restarting with the above error message appearing in the User Log. I have spent a number of hours on webchats with TalkTalk and feel that I am being fobbed off and being asked to perform the same steps over and over again which make no difference whatsoever.

Having found the community to be extremely helpful when my kernel was panicking, I am wondering if anyone can suggest a course of action to help me fix this issue.  On one of the webchats, I think the agent did a factory reset on my router remotely so not sure what firmware I have now.

Many thanks in advance,

Rob

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Message 1 of 24

Hi Rob.

I'm glad to hear that you have received the router and that the connection is now stable.

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 24

Hi Keith, 

That's good to know, thank you very much 

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 24

There is a bug in the Sagemcom's firmware that these DNS errors have their severity level wrongly classified as Error, where they should be classed as Informational. I reported this to TalkTalk some time back and even requested that they put a checkbox or similar so as you can decide if these particular messages are displayed or not. I have also requested that they introduce the facility to save the complete log to disk or whatever.

However, as you say, this has no impact on performance, but does highlight that a lot of components with commonly visited webpages are outdated.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 4 of 24

Hi Michelle,

Yes, the router arrived on Friday but I wasn't able to set it up until yesterday (Saturday) morning. So far all seems good - the wifi is showing as having been connected for 25 hours which ties in with when I set it up so it doesn't look like it has reset/restarted itself. I am seeing in the operator log quite a large volume of DNS errors where the message starts 'DNS name resolution failure' but these don't seem to be having a noticeable impact.

Many thanks,

Rob

0 Likes

Message 5 of 24

Hi Rob,

Just checking back in to see if the router has arrived yet?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 24

Hi Rob

Ahh you're welcome and thank you 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 24

His Debbie, 

Thank you for dealing with this so promptly, I will confirm once the replacement router arrives. 

Kind regards, 

Rob

Message 8 of 24

Hi Rob

No problem 🙂

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 24

Hi Debbie, 

Yes, that sounds great, thank you for your help. 

Rob

Message 10 of 24

Hi Rob

I will need to swap the router to a Sagemcom WIFI hub to resolve this issue. Are you happy for me to arrange this?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 24

Thank you Debbie, 

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Kind regards, 

Rob

Message 12 of 24

Hi Rob

I'm speaking to the team now and I will post back this morning with further information.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 24

Hi, 

So I've got home from work and checked the user log and the router has restarted a number of times due to kernel panic.

It appears that with firmware 1.05 it's going to be restarting with kernel panic and with firmware 1.08 it's going to be restarting with the alarm error - either way, it's not working as it should.

Unless there are any other suggestions, could I please be provided with an alternative router to try out? 

Thanks, 

Rob

0 Likes

Message 14 of 24

Hi Rob

Thanks for keeping us updated.

I will check in again with you tomorrow morning.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 15 of 24

Hi Michelle,

I can see that the firmware has now been rolled back, and as of now, the router has been connected for just under four hours (which I assume is when the firmware change happened).

I'm going to be at work all day today but will check it gain when I get home.

Thanks,

Rob

Message 16 of 24

Morning,

Have you noticed any change since your last post?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 17 of 24

Thank you Debbie

0 Likes

Message 18 of 24

Hi Rob

Our Devices Team are making a change to your firmware shortly and I will check in again with you tomorrow morning.

Thanks

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 19 of 24

Hi Rob

I'm really sorry about this.

I have escalated this to our Devices Team and I will post back here as soon as I have further information.

Thanks

0 Likes

robulon
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 24

Thank you Keith, 

Really appreciate it. 

0 Likes