cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Router continually restarting with [Error][Alarm-Log] AlarmID:104001,AlarmLevel:Error,Device reset.

robulon
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 24

Hi.

I'm really at my wit's end with this. I've had the same TalkTalk router for a number of years and it has mostly worked fine (I had a few issues last year with kernel panic that were resolved by a firmware update but in the last few days, the router has been continually restarting with the above error message appearing in the User Log. I have spent a number of hours on webchats with TalkTalk and feel that I am being fobbed off and being asked to perform the same steps over and over again which make no difference whatsoever.

Having found the community to be extremely helpful when my kernel was panicking, I am wondering if anyone can suggest a course of action to help me fix this issue.  On one of the webchats, I think the agent did a factory reset on my router remotely so not sure what firmware I have now.

Many thanks in advance,

Rob

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 24

OK thanks for that. That firmware has been trialled on a few customers & seems to be unstable. I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and downgrade it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

robulon
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 24

Hi Keith, 

The firmware is 1.08.

Thanks,

Rob

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 24

Which firmware is on your DG8041W, 1.05 or 1.08?

To find out, please log into the router & go to:-

Dashboard > See Internet Settings > Manage advanced settings > System Info > Device Information

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?