cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Full Fibre installation

Steve134
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

Hello, apologies for the long message.  You just read it, I've been living it.....

So.

19 May 2022  I receive an unsolicited email from TalkTalk saying "Your broadband is about to be upgraded to future fibre"

16 June 2022 CityFibre engineer arrives and installs ont box.  

20 June 2022 Receive an email from TalkTalk congratulating me on my new live service.

Plug in my new router.  It doesn't actually do anything.  Phone TalkTalk who after many conversations explain I will need to cancel my current contract and order full fibre.

Current contract is coming to an end anyway, and after the terrible customer support I decided to go with another provider.

Even though I am now out of contract with TalkTalk,  I still need to give a month's notice to cancel service.

I cancel the TalkTalk service, and ordered service from another provider for the following month.

After a month, the other provider states that the TalkTalk service is still active and they cannot switch me over.

Phone TalkTalk who confirm that my service is not cancelled.

At this point I just give up and re-negotiate a cheaper copper service with TalkTalk.

Fast forward to:

July 2024 CityFibre engineer is overheard outside the property saying "it's already installed" then promptly leave.

August 30 2024 Receive an unsolicited email from TalkTalk announcing they will be sending a CityFibre engineer to upgrade me to full fibre with digital voice.

6 September 2024  The morning before the engineer arrives, I check the original ONT box and notice all the lights are on.  Try using the full fibre connection and it does indeed work!  Engineer arrives, checks and confirms the connection.  Engineer is asked about voice over ip and provides a modem/router with this phone socket.  Sometime later that day the connection stops working.

7 September 2024  After being bounced between the fibre chat bot and copper connection chat bot for about 5 hours, I made an arrangement to talk to someone the next day.  The human is very helpful and offers full fibre 500 at a discount as a way of apologizing for the spurious service cancellation and protracted support.  I accept, and receive via email the contract documents.  A bag duly arrives to send back the original router.

11 September 2024 New modem arrives

3 October 2024  Make an inquiry to support as to the status of my order.  Am told there is no order.  After some more chat bot runarounds I am told that CityFibre cancelled the order due to a problem with the line installation.  I informed support that it was already installed and actually worked.  I was then asked to phone full fibre enquiries and order it again.

For the love of all that is holy, can this be sorted out?  I just want to upgrade to full fibre, hopefully before the copper service is discontinued (at this rate it's cutting it fine)  There is little to no feedback.  No information.  I have no idea why it was cancelled, and if the same things won't happen again if I re-order.

Anyway, sorry for the rant.  Please help.

Defeated customer.

Steve
1 REPLY 1

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

Oh dear, quite the saga you have been through. Rest assured the support team here will try to help, you should get a response in the morning.

0 Likes