cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Internet down

djpurle
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 22 of 22

I have a Sagem FAST 5364 modem (firmware SG4K100136)  which has happily been providing a robust and heavily used connection over vDSL for many months.

Since 0035 on Sunday morning, I have intermittent DNS and routing issues. Connection to external websites either fails or is extremely slow.

A ping to 8.8.8.8 shows 50% to 100% packet loss.

The problem has persisted for over 30 hours.

I have powered down and disconnected modem for 30mins to restart my session.

I have expected line sync at 80000/20000 and a DHCP connection serving public IP address and DNS servers identified. The modem is showing solid white led.

A Tallktalk connection test indicates I have a healthy connection, which I do not.

I am testing with a wired LAN connection directly onto my modem which is connected to the master Openstream socket. There have been no changes to the setup or cabling.

The modem logs show failure to connect to the TR069 server with DNS look up and “failed to connect” messages.

This does not seem to be an issue with my modem, rather routing/DNS at TalkTalk end.

Please help!

0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 21 of 22

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this and I will look into this now. I've run a test on the line which is clear. The sync speed looks consistent but I can see quite a few re-connections on the line. Do you have an alternative router that you could test with just to rule this out?

Thanks

0 Likes