cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Issue with eeros and Wan IP Address

domlegg1985
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 17 of 17

I had City Fibre come out and complete the installation last Thursday. I have 4 lights on the ONT Box however when trying to connect to the Eeros router I have an error saying unable to connect to internet and an issue with the WAN IP address. I have been provided different information from numerous people at TalkTalk with some saying the line hasn't been activated and some saying it has. Any ideas what needs to happen to solve this?

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. Has the new router arrived since your last post and I will arrange for the team to contact you back ASAP.

Thanks

0 Likes

domlegg1985
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 17

An update on this. I spoke to a colleague of yours yesterday on the telephone. I have tried connecting directly to the ONT box however I am still unable to get a connection. If I can’t connect directly I hardly think a new router is going to solve the issue. I’m getting to the end of my tether with this and would like an engineer arranged as soon as possible.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

Morning,

I've chased for an update now.

Thanks

0 Likes

domlegg1985
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 17

Do you have any updates for me?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Hello,

The team have confirmed that they are looking into this so I'm hoping to know more soon. It's likely they will also try and call you directly.

Thanks

domlegg1985
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 17

And what sort of timescale am I looking at given it’s already been a week?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

Morning,

I've raised this over to our Faults Team now and will post back as soon as I receive an update. It's possible that the team may also try and contact you directly.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

It will not shock you to hear that didn’t solve the issue.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17
0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

And then switch it on again?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

We will need to pass this to our Future Fibre team for further investigation but we just need you to switch the router and ONT off for 30 minutes first

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

I’ve read that response to a number of people that have had the same issue. Talk talk need to issue an IP Address by the sounds of the other issues people have had

0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

Thanks. I've found your details. Could you switch the ONT and eero off for 30 minutes then switch back on and retest. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

Hello Chris, I have done this now.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 15 of 17

Hi domlegg1985,

Can you please add your address to the private notes section of your community profile and we'll take a look at it for you

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 17

Do you have a laptop with a wired (Ethernet) connection that you can try in place of the Eero. This will prove if it is an issue with the fibre or Eero

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes