cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Has the port forwaring bug been fixed

harrybarman
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 19 of 19

Hi. I have a FAST5364 3.00 with firmware SG4K100136. I'm running with a non standard ip 192.168.0.1. I can't create port forwarding rules. I'm getting an error 'Operation could not complete, something wrong happened'  I really don't want to change the network ip as I've got bit of a complex setup. 

Has this been fixed in a newer firmware revision?

Harry

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Morning,

Ok thanks for confirming and I'm glad to hear that this is now working ok 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 19

Thanks for the offer Karl. If you'd like me to test with more recent hardware then I'm happy to, but no need otherwise. I've solved the immediate problem so I'm ok for now.

Cheers,

Harry

0 Likes

Message 3 of 19

Hi @harrybarman 

Would you like to try a replacement router to see if this works ?

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 19

Hi @harrybarman @Karl-TalkTalk 

Whilst not quite the same, I have just tried this on a Hub 2, which is running hardware version 2.00 and firmware V158. I set it to have an IP address of 192.168.0.1 and it all worked the first time on there as well.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

COOL 🙂

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 19

Hi @Karl-TalkTalk 

I have just updated the spreadsheet & emailed it to you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

Hi @KeithFrench 

I've asked Farrukh to have a read through this thread and see if he can get PQA Teams to test.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 19

Hi @harrybarman 

I have just tried that & it worked the first time, not just adding it within the UI, but also able to send test UDP packets to it OK. However, I am using the standard IP address range.

@Karl-TalkTalk I did send this across a while back saying that despite trying IP addresses in all three private subnet ranges, I have never been able to reproduce this. The difference is, all of these affected customers seem to be on hardware revision V3 & I am on V4. 

Keith

0 Likes

Message 9 of 19

Hi

OK, maybe @KeithFrench can cast his eye over the example above and see if he sees anything amiss,

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

Many thanks Karl!

I'm still getting the error "Operation could not complete, something wrong happened." when trying to add a manual port forwarding rule.  (example attached)

We can leave this for now as I'm running a upnp client on my vpn box that is adding the forwarding rule I need.

Cheers,

Harry

forwarding.PNG
0 Likes

Message 11 of 19

Hi

All done, firmware now showing as V158.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 12 of 19

Hi

Firmware pushing now, will post back when completed.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 13 of 19

Ah - no worries. Please go ahead.

Harry

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

Hi

It's not possible for us to schedule this and we would need to push this during our working hours.  The update usually takes about 5 minutes to complete.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 15 of 19

Hi - new firmware would be great! Can you schedule it for any time after 6.30pm this evening?

Cheers,

Harry

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 16 of 19

Hello,

Would you like us to update the router firmware for you? When would be the best time as this can take up to 20 minutes to complete and the router cannot be rebooted or switched off during this time?

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 19

I have tried port forwarding and it works on all private IP address ranges. It is impossible for me to test every single address though. This is of course a subnet zero address.

All of that said, there was a bug that only seemed to affect hardware V3 and different pf problems. I have never been able to replicate these bugs as I have V4 firmware. 

Would you like to try V158?

Keith

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 19

I am not aware of a bug with this firmware? We are fortunate to have an expert on port forwarding here, @KeithFrench are you able to help, please?