cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

'Matching Fibre65 contract'

durdle
Enlightened One
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

I'm just coming to the end of a 2 year Fibre65 contract and have been notified by TalkTalk that I currently have two options other than switching to another provider.

1 Do nothing and continue to pay £29.95 per month until I decide to upgrade. (I assume there would still be occasional price increases.)

2 Move to a 2 year 'new, matching Fibre 65 contract' with an average download speed of 67Mbps for £27.00 per month.

Given that, for now,  download speed tests often show results significantly below the 48Mbps my router dashboard always indicates, and is sometimes below 15Mbps, I don't really understand how this can be described as 'matching'. Can anyone advise me whether I should see an improved service if I take out a new contract, please?

johno
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

There may be an end of summer sale and towards the end of November, sometimes sooner, 'Black Friday' usually brings new customer offers. But then all providers are keen to attract new customers with price-conscious deals. So, TalkTalk's loyalty / retentions team right now would be very aware of the wish to keep you as a happy customer.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Thanks for both posts. I think I'll stick with what I have and see if any better offers turn up. I would possibly consider changing service providers, but I can't face the likely ensuing upheaval just now. 

johno
0 Likes

Gondola
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

Hi durdle 

Another matching (to your expiring contract) 2 year term contract is on offer at £27/m. Same as the new customer price that the Loyalty team may be able to improve upon if you ask.

Or the month by month rolling contract price is £29.95/m.

Both are subject to the April annual price hikes.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

No, a new contract won't have any impact on the speeds, @durdle.

But never do the renewal online  - phone them or use Chat, to avoid unwanted extras eg TV, Supersafe,  Voicemail....

03451 720088 (not open Sundays)

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes