cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

New Cityfibre Connection not working

JaxGTX
Team Player
Private Message
Message 39 of 39

Hi, Cityfibre have just left after installing the new fibre drop and ONT.

All green lights on the ONT but the Eero 6 is not connecting to the ONT/Internet. It says that an IP address is not being assigned. Please could someone sort this, thanks.

My FTTP order number is in the private notes section of my community account. I don't yet have an actual Talktalk account. The last email from Talktalk was just confirming the installation date.

0 Likes
38 REPLIES 38

Message 1 of 39

Hi JaxGTX,

Glad to hear it's now working. The vast majority of upgrades go through fine but most of the issue that we do see are related to the initial setup, once the service is up and running it seems to be very reliable, but I can certainly understand your feeling. Apologies again for any inconvenience

Chris

0 Likes

JaxGTX
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 39

It is now working. I appreciate you making the effort Chris, but it's a shame this couldn't have happened 9 days ago. I will still be leaving as I don't want to be left in the lurch for this sort of length of time in the future, should there be a fault.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 39

OK thanks, I can see that you now have an internet connection. Is everything OK at your end?

Chris

0 Likes

JaxGTX
Team Player
Private Message
Message 4 of 39

It's on

0 Likes

Message 5 of 39

Can you please power on the ONT and let me know when you've done this

Chris

Message 6 of 39

OK thanks. In the meantime I'll contacting City Fibre directly to see if there's anything we can do to get your service up and running

Chris

0 Likes

JaxGTX
Team Player
Private Message
Message 7 of 39

Hi Chris,

I called Talktalk yesterday to cancel, although that whole process is odd. Apparently they can't just stop everything, it takes 7 days to get a confirmation email and 30 days to actually cease, during which time I will likely be charged one months's payment which I will have to claim back after. At least that's what I was told by the person on the phone.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 39

Hi JaxGTX,

I'm sorry to hear that you're thinking of leaving, if you need any further assistance please let us know

Chris

0 Likes

JaxGTX
Team Player
Private Message
Message 9 of 39

Thank you ferguson. I'll call them in the morning

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 39
0 Likes

JaxGTX
Team Player
Private Message
Message 11 of 39

Hi Michelle,

No one called me today therefore I've decided that enough is enough.

Can you cancel my service please, with immediate effect. I must surely fall into the 14 day no quibble cancel period. If not then under the Great Connection Guarantee, as I'm definitely not satisfied with the connection, having recieved no internet.

If you can't cancel then please tell me what's the best way of going about it

Thanks

0 Likes

JaxGTX
Team Player
Private Message
Message 12 of 39

Thanks, I'll look forward to it

0 Likes

Message 13 of 39

Morning,

The team have replied and advised that they will contact you today.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 14 of 39

Morning,

I've contacted the team and fed this back and asked them to make contact with you ASAP.

Thanks

0 Likes

JaxGTX
Team Player
Private Message
Message 15 of 39

Hi Michelle or whoever picks this up,

No change over the weekend. I did leave the ONT and Eero off overnight but that didn't help.

Is it OK to pm the Talktalk representatives with a bit of info?

If not can someone please expedite a call from the fibre support team. Nearly a week with no connection is a bit much

0 Likes

JaxGTX
Team Player
Private Message
Message 16 of 39

Hi Michelle,

No call or contact yet. I've just tried the turn off everything for 30 minutes thing again, no dice.

I see that a fix has been found for akelly0609 on this thread https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/New-Fibre150-installation-Eero-6-won-t-pair/m-p/2951787#M3...

Perhaps that can be tried with my connection?

0 Likes

Message 17 of 39

Hi,

Thanks for confirming. The team have advised that they will be contacting/calling you shortly to progress this further for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

JaxGTX
Team Player
Private Message
Message 18 of 39

Yes, the I've set the Eero app up by following the prompts, although it rarely connects first time and I have to use the serial number method to connect. Unfortunately this method only fails with a "There's an issue" message and nothing helpful. On the two occasions bluetooth has connected first time at least you get some info, i.e. the lack of IP Address and the option to try a different vlan id.

Connecting a laptop directly to the ONT or using a different router doesn't work either, neither get assigned an I address

0 Likes

Message 19 of 39

Hi,

I've re-checked and everything looks correct from here so I've chased the team again. Can I just confirm, you have tried setting up the eero app and followed all the steps to connect to the eero?

Thanks

0 Likes

JaxGTX
Team Player
Private Message
Message 20 of 39

Hi again Michelle,

I see on this thread https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Future-Fibre/New-CityFibre-full-fibre-installation-no-WAN-IP-add... that you managed to fix Bill's problem getting a WAN IP adress on his Cityfiber link. This is the same problem I'm having.

Can you please see if the same change is needed on my connection?

0 Likes