cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

New Cityfibre install not working

Funky-Gibbons
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Yesterday Cityfibre installed a full fibre upgrade to my property, as they left all the lights on the ONT were solid green and have stayed that way but the light on my router (DG8041W-2.T5) is flashing white/orange and not connected to the internet, I have tried changing the router to see if that would help but it made no effect.

I phoned TT customer services yesterday evening and they asked me to wait 3 hours and get back in touch if it still didn't connect but due to the amount of time waiting to get through on the phone I thought I would report on here. I have tried using my daughter's old router (FAST 5364-3.T8) and the eero they eventually supplied me with after I asked them 5 times as they seemed reluctant to let me have one and the one they gave me was clearly a used item with the seal broken on the box, marked unit and missing ethernet cable, that's an issue for another day but at the moment getting my connection up and running is a priority as my son works from home and this is impacting him too.

Ready to learn something new today
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8
0 Likes

Funky-Gibbons
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 8

Thanks once again Chris 🤝

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Thanks for confirming that it's now working. The service that you have is Full Fibre 150 with digital voice (VoIP), I think it's just that some systems haven't updated yet to show the current package.

When you connect the digital voice adapter this should then complete the transfer of the number to VoIP

Chris

Funky-Gibbons
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 8

Good Morning Chris, I have just got home to see that I have a solid white light on my router, I have checked my connection and at least I now have access to the internet, thank you for that. As part of the free upgrade I was supposed to be upgraded to Fibre 150 with digital voice but my account package is showing Fibre 65 also the installers left my telephone connected to the old copper socket, I requested an adapter from the TT customer service yesterday which is being posted out to me but just wondered if my telephone number had actually been transferred for the digital service?

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 8

I've checked your connection and your router appears to be connected to the internet now, please let me know if you are still experiencing problems

Chris

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

I've made a change so could you please retest and let me know if it is now working?

Chris

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi Funky-Gibbons,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with your service. I'll take a look at this now.

Chris

0 Likes