cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

New Customer

Vxr876
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Hi Guys and Gals 

I've just received my new eero 6 router, I have fibre to the property which is a box under the stairs, I prefer to use a hard wire to my desktop rather than a Wi-Fi connection, how is this possible with only 2 ports on the back. This to most is probably a very stupid question but when you don't have a clue, you don't have a clue !!

TYIA

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 4

@mockingbirdmedia 

Great to see that worked for you, thanks for the feedback.  🙂

Message 2 of 4

Hi ya buddy

i was in the same position 10 days ago after going onto full fibre and knowing that the eero 6 only had 2 ethernet ports, one was the line in from the ont leaving one. knowing i needed at least 3 ethernet conections i purrchased a netgear unmanned ethernet switch off of amazzon at 20 quid which gives you 4 working ports for ethernet conections which are gigabit conections.

My son set mine up and took 15 minutes so eero 6 into port 5 of the switch plug it in and uve got 4 ethernet ports.

All plug and play everything works great

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

If you require extra ports then buy an ethernet switch, widely and cheaply available at various outlets e.g.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-LS1005G-Wallmount-Ethernet-Splitter/dp/B07VWB347G/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2...