cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

New Fibre 65 Engineer Visit

Tappau
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 15 of 15

I have recently renewed my contract as part of a home move. I renewed my contract to be the same as before FTTC Fibre 65.

I have been told that an engineer is coming to install? As far as I am aware Fibre 65 is FTTC and not Full Fibre (FTTP).

I don't understand why am engineer needs to come to the property in order to install. When I am perfectly capable of plugging in a router. I have never had an engineer arrive at the property to install just activate externally.

After phoning customer services they also could not confirm why am engineer was needed.

My appointment date is the 13th November between 8am & 1pm

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi,

I'm really glad to hear this 🙂 If anything changes then please let us know.

Thanks

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Hi,

So the connection is currently stable at 62Mb down and 20up.

Fingers crossed it remains without issues 🙏.

Thanks for checking up after the openreach update.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Morning,

We've received an update to advise that Openreach have resolved the fault at the PCP. How is your connection at the moment?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Hello,

I can see that the automatic line test has detected a potential line fault. I've checked for an update now and the fault is still under investigation with Openreach at the moment, however we'll monitor for updates on the fault and will post back as soon as we receive an update.

Thanks

Michelle

Tappau
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 5 of 15

I would also mention that a fault was raised with Openreach yesterday after the drop out and they texted me saying they are investigating but had no update stating it has been resolved 😕

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

So currently don't have a landline phone attached in order to check. Nor did I in my previous property.

The connection is going through a microfilter attached to phone socket on cover not via the internal test socket.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Hi again,

I've checked the connection stats now and the line test is detecting a potential voice fault. Are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone? Is the router also connected to the test socket at the moment?

Thanks

Michelle

Message 8 of 15

I have added my new home Phone number from the profile. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

Morning,

Thanks for the update. Please can you add your TalkTalk telephone number to your Community Profile and we can check the connection stats/speed for you. Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Tappau
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 10 of 15

So the engineer arrived and connected it all up was working for all of 3 hours until it suddenly wasn't. 

Contacted support and raised a line check and a fault was found this seems to have been fixed as came back online around 1am this morning.

Still only at 40Mb which is below minimum of 57 in contract, however will wait a while to see if it ramps up.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

Good morning,

How are you getting on? Did everything go ok?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Morning,

The engineer visit is likely required in case the engineer is unable to complete the activation remotely and may need access to the property to check the main socket. Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Tappau
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 13 of 15

Thanks, can confirm the previous tenant didn't have virgin as the equipment would have been left behind. 

Have a openreach telephone socket as is normal in which a micro filter would be attached.

So it seems engineer would be connecting outside mostly?

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 15

They are usually just doing stuff at the exchange/ cabinet, @Tappau.

However, it may require access to your house, which is why it's best if you are around.

There may be more changes and checks needed if the previous person didn't have FTTC or were with eg Virgin. Who knows?

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes