cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Full Fibre unstable

Charles641
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 16 of 16

I recently had Full Fibre installed and since then have wildly fluctuating Internet speeds this is causing video stream to TV to keep buffering so.ething I never had before.

I have tried several online speed tests and they all differ wildly and speeds fluctuating whilst test in progress. 

Very unhappy with Full Fibre, can I have my old copper wires back please !

charles Yalden
0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Thanks. Line test is passing but showing a fluctuating sync speed. When you switched the ONT off for 30 minutes did you also switch the router off for 30 minutes? If not then can you give this a try

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 16

just one

charles Yalden
0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

Do you stream to just one devices or multiple devices?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

I only use the Firestick for streaming video, i have been using it faultlessly for years but since full fibre was installed a few weeks back it has been buffering especially on live sport (it is connected via ethernet to my router)

charles Yalden
0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

Hi Charles641,

Do you experiencing problems streaming on devices not connected to the firestick?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 16

Staff will reply after the weekend, @Charles641.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

Watching live sport on Firestick (Ethernet) and it is buffering, never used to do this before full fibre installed !

charles Yalden
0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

I am trying to watch live sport on Firestick (ethernet) but it buffers, it never did this before i had full fibre installed !

charles Yalden
0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Hi Charles641

How are you getting on following the 30 minute power down?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

I will try the 30 minute power down and let you know results but it seems a bit  impractible as a solution

charles Yalden
0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

Morning,

Thank you. I've run a test on the line now which is clear. Are you using the Wifi Hub router? Have you tried powering down the ONT and router for a full 30 minutes and then retested the speed/connection again?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Charles641
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 12 of 16

Updated profile

charles Yalden
0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

OK thanks. Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Charles641
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 14 of 16

Nothing connected with ethernet at present but the Amazon firestick TV streamer was working fine before full fibre install now its buffering

charles Yalden
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 15 of 16

Hi Charles,

Do you get the fluctuating speeds on devices connected to your router by Ethernet cable and wifi?

Chris

0 Likes