cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

No Internet but white light on router

RossM_WGC
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 19 of 19

As per the title, either wireless or wired.

I've restarted the modem and router numerous times but it's been down almost 24 hours . The tech chat can't see a problem on the line but they can't send a Brightsparks engineer for 10 days. 

The internet light is not on on the Openreach modem but if I log onto the router, the internet connect status is 'connected'.

Finally, when I ping the Google server in CMD, the DNS request times out in 2 seconds. Suggesting no internet connectivity.

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Thanks for the update, glad to hear it's working now. I'm sorry, I don't know what caused the issue but if you do experience any further problems please let us know

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 19

Good morning Chris, the service started working after 7pm last night and the phone line now has a normal dial tone. Are you able to determine what the issues (s) was\were? It's a concern that they appear to be unexplained.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 19

Hi RossM_WGC

I've made a change at our end, could you just check your phone line and let me know if anything has changed

Chris

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 19

Staff will be back on here early tomorrow, @RossM_WGC

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

I have a Brightsparks engineer booked for the previous issues, but this appears to be a new issue. When I ring the landline the call goes straight to voicemail. Surely there's an issue with the line?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

We can arrange an engineer visit to investigate. If you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details with you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

Sadly, not. But it was working when I tested this on Sunday when we had the initial unexplained outage. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

Do you have another telephone handset that you can test with?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 19

Thank you. No, it was plugged in to its usual socket. However I have just tried the Openreach socket and I'm getting the same beeping tone. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

Line test is clear. Is your telephone currently connected to the test socket?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 19

OK thanks, I'll run a line test on the voice side, I'll let you know how I get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 19

Ah, it must be a different issue, as we're now getting a beeping tone and cannot make any calls on the landline. 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 19

Hi RossM_WGC,

Line test is passing, shows one reconnection yesterday and nothing so far today. Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

Hi Michelle, 

I have lost internet connection again this morning. I am in the process of rebooting the modem and router but are you able to test for issues on the line?

0 Likes

Message 15 of 19

Hello,

Thanks for confirming and I'm glad to hear this. If this does happen again and there is also no connection at the Openreach modem with the router removed, then we'll have to arrange an engineer visit to the property for the Openreach modem to be checked.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 16 of 19

Thank you for looking at this promptly.

It was not working late last night but it was working at 6am this morning, although the 'Internet' light on the modem is still not on. It's very odd, as I would not describe this an intermittent fault due the outage lasted close the 24 hours. 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 17 of 19

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the line is showing in sync, however I can see quite a few re-connections on the line. Is the light still off on the Openreach modem at the moment?

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 19

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk has responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes