cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Persistent Fibre 65 Sync Speed Drops

jettalk
Team Player
Private Message
Message 13 of 13

Since early February I have been having sync speed drops on my service. Since installation I have had no trouble, sync speed always 70+/19+ Mbps until recently.

Your fault check reported a problem (REP 12557971). This problem continued until late February, after several router reboots which always restored the download speed to the usual 70+Mbps, the upload speed always maintained 19+ Mbps.

Things settled down until 25/3/23 when the problem reoccurred (REP 12689431). Speeds as low as 37.8 Mbps . Another test today (REP 12704472)  reported further problems despite your test page indicating the problem had been cured. Speed this morning was 37.8 Mbps , a reboot showed 78.2 Mbps.

Please escalate this problem. Is it an TT or OR problem or a router problem ?

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi

Any Issues ? Do you need our assistance with this ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Hello,

No problem, please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

OK will do. Unfortunately we are going away for few days so it may some time before I can get back to you.

Thanks for your help so far.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

OK thanks. Could you try connecting the router to the test socket and monitor to see if the speed continue to drop. If it does then we can arrange an engineer visit to investigate

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

I have just tried dialling 1428 (call rejection service). Line is clear of any noise.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

We never use the phone for outgoing calls and receive very few incoming calls, so I can't comment on noise on the line.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Sorry, replied to wrong message. We have only one socket. Telephone is the only other device.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

We have only one socket. Telephone is the only other device.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

OK thanks, how many telephone sockets do you have? Do you have anything connected to your telephone socket(s) in addition to your router?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 13

Hello Chris,

It is NOT connected to the test socket.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 13

Hi jettalk,

This type of issue is usually caused by increased noise/interference on the line causing the router to lose sync and resync at a lower speed - is your router currently connected to your test socket? - Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes