cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

ROUTER FAILED (again)

carlastc
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 13 of 13

I have no broadband connection, I have run a line test and there is no problem with the line, I've gone through the other usual steps but still can't connect. This has happened several times and a new router normally solves the problem, please can you arrange for one to be sent to my home address. As I said, this has happened before, is there a known problem with thesse routers or am I just unlucky?

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi carlastc

That's great, please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 13

It's quite bizarre that you have had several routers fail. Of course any electronic device can potentially go faulty but personally I've never had a router fail in my life. I don't know if there is an issue with TalkTalk ones as I don't use the ISP supplied router, which has the added benefit that if it does happen to fail, I still have the TalkTalk one in the cupboard to use as an emergency temporary spare.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi,

The router arrived on Thursday, it's up and running and everything's fine so far.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Hi

please let us know how you get on once the router arrives.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Thank you Debbie.

I hope this solves the problem.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Hi carlastc

I've ordered the replacement router and a returns bag so your current router can be returned.

Please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi Debbie, 

It's in a well ventilated area, it doesn't appear to be overheating.

Can you please send a new one to teat asap as my partner is working from home and having to use a neighbour's internet connection.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Hi carlastc

I can send a replacement router. Can I just check, is your current router kept in a well ventilated space (just checking to see if the router is possibly overheating)

Message 9 of 13

In past cases it has always been router failure.

My partner has tried the test socket, it does not work, I don't want an engineer visit, I need a new router.

I am already in dispute over my bill, if a new router isn't sent then I will  be seeking a new provider.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 13

@carlastc, in past cases of this you did eventually access the single test socket,  following Chris-talktalk's advice:

20230404_000355.jpg

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Your-guide-to-main-phone-sockets/ta-p/2205432

That advice should still be applicable. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 11 of 13

Hi Michelle, No I do not have a test socket. 
As I said, I have performed all the necessary tests including resetting the router.

My partner is currently working from home so we need the router asap.

I am considering changing my provider.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 13

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which is clear. Can I just confirm, is the router connected to the test socket at the moment? Have you also tried factory resetting the router and then re-setting this back up again? If you have already tried this then we can send a replacement router for testing purposes.

Thanks

0 Likes