cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

No access to PPTP

Bear952
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 13 of 13

I am hoping you can provide some assistance with regards to my work VPN.

I am not able to get access to PPTP on our router which is causing difficulty with my employer.

When we first moved over to TalkTalk from another provider I was able to gain access now this isn't the case.

We have been in touch with customer services several times to no avail including changing the router which hasn't solved the problem. I have been in touch with the IT department at work and there are no issues at their end.

Please help!

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi Bear952

I'm so glad to hear this 🙂

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Hi Debbie, I now have access which is brilliant.

Thank you so much for your help ☺️

Message 3 of 13

Hi Bear952

Your router firmware has now updated to version 158.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Hi Bear952

I will post back here as soon as I receive further updates.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Thanks for the update Debbie.

I look forward to resolving the issue within the next two weeks 🙂

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Hi Bear952

Our Devices Team have advised that updates on the firmware update should now be available within the next 2 weeks. We are currently still experiencing issues updating the router firmware.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi Bear952

The update is still failing, I'm really sorry about this.

I will speak to our Devices Team again and I will post back on this thread.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Hi Bear952

No problem. I will post back on this thread to confirm once the firmware has been updated.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Hi, thank you, we really appreciate your help with this. 

Message 10 of 13

Thank you, yes we have the Sagemcom. 

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 13

Hi Bear952

I'm sorry to hear this.

I will need to make a change to your router firmware but we are experiencing an issue with the firmware updates failing at the moment. Our Devices Team are working to fix this.

Please can you keep your router powered up and I will keep trying to update your router firmware.

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 12 of 13

Hi @Bear952,

If you have the Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub then this could be related to the version of firmware running on the router, the support team here would be able to check that, and if necessary could change the firmware to a different version that is more reliable with VPN connectivity.

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include :

• Your name
  • Landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on (this is shown in ‘My Account’) OR add your account number to the ‘private notes’ section if you have Full Fibre with no landline
  • An alternative contact number

This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.