cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

No phone or internet for three days now...

Netgearman
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 14

Reported by mobile phone two days ago REP-14504983 and again the following day.

As far as I can tell has STILL not been reported to Openreach.

Have given up talking to operators as they don't seem to do anything?

The same fault five days earlier was fixed almost immediately.

Cable had been switched in the street cabinet.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Good morning,

Ah I see, apologies for the confusion.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Netgearman
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 14

It's not a reliability issue, the line was deliberately cut (they think) by a cowboy installer. That was the second time within a space of five days.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Good afternoon,

Thank you for the update and we'll check back in with you on Monday to see how the connection has been over the weekend.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Netgearman
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 14

Fixed now but no certainty it won't happen again.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Thanks for the update, I'm sorry it's taking so long to resolve, hopefully it won't take much longer

Chris

0 Likes

Netgearman
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 14

Bloke from Openreach came at two o'clock this afternoon. Spent an hour fishing around then told me exactly the same thing MJ Quinn told me told me on Monday. He couldn't fix it, he'd be back with someone else within 48 hours, etc, etc.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Hi Netgearman,

I'm sorry this is taking so long to resolve. This is the last update (on the 15th):

please be informed that the fault was attended on 15/07/24 the engineer could not complete the task as underground work, unable to find a line back to Primary Connection Point (PCP). Therefore, we are passing this to LN (Local network) team to take this further and complete the task, Review the tracker on 17/07/24 for more update.

I'll check again for an update tomorrow morning

Chris

0 Likes

Netgearman
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 14

Man from MJ Quinn (not Openreach) came out on Monday morning. Told me the line was cut and he was unable to fix it. Promised me it would be fixed 'within 48 hours'. Two days later and I'm no nearer getting my phone and internet back than I was eight days ago when I first reported it. Am currently relying on 02 Mobile to post this.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

OK thanks. Line test is picking up a potential issue so I've raised this to Openreach for investigation. Openreach will investigate over the next 72 hours and may contact you directly if they need to access your home

Chris

0 Likes

Netgearman
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 14

Yes, there's still no dial tone.

The call centre ran their own tests, they know there's a fault on the line but for whatever reason have not passed it on to Openreach despite saying they would.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Have you tested with the telephone connected to your test socket? - Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes

Netgearman
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 14

Thanks for the quick response. Correct, no dial tone.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 14

Hi Netgearman,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. Is the line completely dead, no dial tone?

Chris

0 Likes