cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Problems since Crowdstrike

dgsection
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 26

Ever since the Crowdstrike hack my Internet has dropped from the usual 34Mbps DL - 5Mbps UL

to a pathetic 15Mbps DL - 423Kbps UL

Almost 50% below my guaranteed speed of 28Mbps.

No it is not my router or some internal wiring it is because of Crowdstrike.

Also when logging in to my account and checking using your tool it states there is a problem and to contact you, HOWEVER,

when clicking the contact button I am routed to a support.talktalk URL and Firefox warns me there is a MITM attack coming from your network via a HLS proxy (the server you use to serve on-demand TV?)

Looks suspiciously like TT have been hacked yet again!

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Message 21 of 26

1000003085.jpg

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

dgsection
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 26

Another unsolicited reply from another idiot member who has NOTHING to do with TT.

Makes no difference if that link is 5 days, 5 weeks, 5 years or 5 decades old.

The OFFCOM ruling still stands and applies!

0 Likes

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 26

Hi @dgsection .That article at https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/ is a copy of an article 5 years old. Couldn't you find a more recent article?

Bill

0 Likes

dgsection
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 26

With all due respect you are nothing to do with TT and so please refrain from clogging this thread with your 'suggestions'

Talk Talk you have 30 days to address this issue (27th August) or I will be cancelling the remainder of my contract (16 months) with no penalty fees as stated by OFFCOM

"If this speed then falls below the promised level, broadband companies will have one month to improve this performance before they must allow customers to leave the deal, penalty-free.

Landline and TV packages bought at the same time as broadband will also allow customers to have the right to exit within the month."

source

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-6757173/You-cancel-broadband-contract-speeds-drop....

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 26

Do you get the same message when you try Chat without being signed in to My Account, @dgsection ?

Try it from the link on this page that way: 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Open today for live support 9am-6pm.

Also, do you get the same message when clicking through on a different browser?

There are no staff on the forum before Monday, so your quickest way to reach them is via Chat. You don't have to be using Talktalk wifi / ethernet to reach them. Make contact using mobile data on your smartphone as it will bypass anything to do with Talktalk's TV server. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes