cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Random Dropouts

jbuchanangb
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

The last couple of days I have been getting random dropouts of my Fibre 35 service.
The SAGEM Hub continues to show a white light. The Openreach modem still shows green for DSL, and the Powerline adapters still show three green lights for the connection between the modem and the hub.
But all Internet connectivity has gone, including the wired connection between the hub and the YouView box. Every time I have then tested the connection by accessing the Internet using 4G, it has reported back "healthy connection" and within a minute or two normal service has resumed.
Just a little irritating.

Now surfing from a Dell Inspiron 3881 running Windows 11 and a Qualcomm QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter with Sagemcom FAST 5364 router.
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Good morning,

Ok thanks for the update and please let us know if the connection does become unstable again and we can take another look for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

jbuchanangb
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

The router is reporting an unbroken uptime of over 28 days, and in any case the wi-fi stays live during the drop outs. I thought it was a bit odd that the connection test said "Welcome to TalkTalk. We're currently optimising your new connection. When you join us, we have our systems monitor your line for first 10 days." These drop outs are so infrequent that I can live with them. Thank you for investigating.

Now surfing from a Dell Inspiron 3881 running Windows 11 and a Qualcomm QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter with Sagemcom FAST 5364 router.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi jbuchanangb,

Authentication logs aren't showing any disconnections yesterday (or recently), line test is passing. I've checked the realtime data on the Openreach website, no unavailable seconds showing at all yesterday and next to no errors.

You could try resetting the router to factory default settings, if it's an issue with the router this could resolve it

Chris

0 Likes

jbuchanangb
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

Hello. It's been a while, but had this experience today 3/8/23 at 15.30. Connected to 4G and ran a connection test. The response to that was:

"Welcome to TalkTalk. We're currently optimising your new connection. When you join us, we have our systems monitor your line for first 10 days...."

By 15.35 the broadband was working again.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi jbuchanangb,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with your service. Line test is passing and only one reconnection (on the 7th) showing so far this month. The next time it happens could you make a note of the date and time and I'll have a look at the real time data to see if anything stands out that could be causing this

Chris

0 Likes