cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Random internet disconnection issue, mostly evening

KimJongIl
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Hi all,

After many months of happy browsing, my router started dropping internet connection at random again. It happens mostly late evening, today I lost connection 4 or 5 times between 23:30 and 0:10, I can't see anything indicating a fault in the logs other than "TR-069 connectivity to (acs.talktalk.co.uk) has been closed".

Any help appreciated.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

KimJongIl
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 5

And one more update, the connection has been fine for 9 hours now, but download speed dropped from usual 50-60mbps to only 30, speedtest shows high 20s. Upload doesn't seem to be affected.

routerrouter

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hi again,

Here's the photo of our socket, the router is plugged directly into it. not through a splitter like in some older types. Hope this helps!

socketsocket

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

Hi Michelle,

We have only one socket in the house, it's right by the entrance to the property, it's also relatively new, Openreach installed it a few years ago.  There's no landline phone at all, I never needed one.

The connection dropped multiple times again today, I'm at work but my wife works from home and you can imagine how disturbing it might be when you drop out of a teams call with a customer several times in a row.

The router is also fairly new, this isn't a new issue for us as it happened before, but each time TalkTalk managed to fix it with some tweaks to the line. The last time router's firmware was at fault, you might find more useful info in my previous discussions.

Thanks for looking into this,

Kamil

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on your line now which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see some re-connections on the line and the sync speed has also dropped. Is there any noise on the voice service? Does your main socket also have a test socket please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes