cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Recent fibre installation

donclas
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

I have had a free installation of fibre from my former Fibre 35 using my existing   Sagem router.

After several Ookler Speed Tests My average down 94 up 93 which were vey good although my 

router was indicating only37 down. I only know this as on the second day after the installation

TalkTalk showed my results as 37 down and ,I believe,  7up I on my router and they considered    

this as very good. I believe this may be due to the router as  this was a free installation and I wonder if a new updated router might be a lot better.

I would be pleased to receive the experience of other members who have similarly had such

free installations.

donclas

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi donclas,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

If you have upgraded to full fibre, the speed is unknown to the router, so it cannot display it. Turn the router off for a minimum of 30 mins.

If you want to know the speed coming into the property, connect a laptop or similar via an Ethernet cable to the ONT in place of the router and do a speed test from there.

If you do speed tests from your devices connected to the router, then they may well vary from device to device, depending on their specifications & if wireless, the state of your WiFi network.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes